Ducklings are hatching

Pics

Katie Rossi

Songster
5 Years
Jun 21, 2017
I have a concern about my 7 egg 🥚 incubator. I have 3 eggs in there. 2 are externally pipping. I keep reading that they can stay in the incubator for 24 hours, but the bottom has circular indentations... Won't that be bad for footing or even getting caught. First timer here. I'll try to post a picture.

Attachments

• 16208483490033814247348223680588.jpg
    16208483490033814247348223680588.jpg
    358.9 KB · Views: 15
I never have left my ducklings in the incubator. After they are out of the egg and completely disconnected from the shell I take them out and put them in their nice warm border. I don't even leave them in the incubator for 1 hour after hatching unless I'm sleeping. I always have a mirror in there for the first one. I've never had any problem doing that. They dry in no time and are fluffy and running around soon. I also take the nasty shell out of the incubator too.

I have a concern about my 7 egg 🥚 incubator. I have 3 eggs in there. 2 are externally pipping. I keep reading that they can stay in the incubator for 24 hours, but the bottom has circular indentations... Won't that be bad for footing or even getting caught. First timer here. I'll try to post a picture.
maybe something you could do is put a piece of that rubber shelf liner stuff on the bottom of the incubator so they can't fall into those holes. I swear sometimes you look at the eggs and think they are hours away from hatch and 5 minutes later you are looking at a little duck!

I never have left my ducklings in the incubator. After they are out of the egg and completely disconnected from the shell I take them out and put them in their nice warm border. I don't even leave them in the incubator for 1 hour after hatching unless I'm sleeping. I always have a mirror in there for the first one. I've never had any problem doing that. They dry in no time and are fluffy and running around soon. I also take the nasty shell out of the incubator too.
I was wondering if that was safe and couldn't find any information on it. I needed to hear that. So, do you think they will be okay with that bottom?

maybe something you could do is put a piece of that rubber shelf liner stuff on the bottom of the incubator so they can't fall into those holes. I swear sometimes you look at the eggs and think they are hours away from hatch and 5 minutes later you are looking at a little duck!
They are cracking really fast now. I have some of the shelving liner, but I would be opening the incubator to do that. Thank you

Thanks for the tag @Miss Lydia ! :)

I agree with @DuckyDonna . I never leave my ducklings in the incubator long either. I take them out fluff up their feathers a bit with a towel and put them in the brooder. They have always done well.

Since you have your brooder set up, I would do as @Miss Lydia suggested. The bottom does look like they could possibly get their feet stuck, and there doesn’t look to be much space. It would probably be best to remove them once hatched. :D

Best of luck with your new ducklings!

Back
Top Bottom