Ducklings arriving early

Tiggrsbounc

Songster
6 Years
Jun 28, 2013
Eastern NC
Been a busy weekend so tonight is the first time in 3 or 4 days that I've had a chance to come to BYC. I finished up reading here awhile ago and for some reason decided to check on my duckling order. It still says they are due May 1-3 but it now has a tracking # and when I click on the tracking # it says they will be here tomorrow (Monday) rather than Tues-Thurs.

The thing that I'm really worried about is that based on the tracking info, these babies left the Raleigh Distribution Center at 830 Friday night...that is only an hour away from me and all of our mail processes through there first. So I'm wondering if they've been sitting at my local PO since sometime on Saturday!!?? Honestly if they left Raleigh at 830 Fri night, they would have arrived at my local PO early Sat morning. I hope they haven't just been sitting there that long, especially since they were shipped out on Thursday morning!!!! And on top of all that I didn't get a shipping notice or an email to let me know they were on their way. :rant

I seriously hope these babies are all okay when they get here!!

I will post pics as soon as I pick them up and get them settled.

No need to stress wait and see... If your so close why didn't you just pick up the order? I bet you would have saved a ton on shipping to!

No need to stress wait and see... If your so close why didn't you just pick up the order? I bet you would have saved a ton on shipping to!
Because I didn't know anything had been shipped until around 11 p.m. last night. I didn't get any updates/emails etc to let me know any kind of package was on its way.

Also, I should have been more clear-when I said Distribution center I meant the mail Distribution center, not the hatchery. I absolutely would have picked them up if there was a hatchery within an hour from me. This shipping amount was terrible!:(

I never heard of shipping the gro gel and vitamins separate usually the gro gel especially is shipped with the ducklings that is what keeps them hydrated. Hopefully some is in with them too.

I never heard of shipping the gro gel and vitamins separate usually the gro gel especially is shipped with the ducklings that is what keeps them hydrated. Hopefully some is in with them too.
I have no idea why they did it that way-it caused quite a bit of confusion and some panic for me. It'll all be fine if they arrive healthy!

Back
Top Bottom