Ducklings bill sticking out of egg

MBM

In the Brooder
May 31, 2021
Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone can give me any ideas as to why a ducklings whole bill would be outside of an egg. I'm incubating Saxony ducklings and everything has gone well, except for that one part. When taking out the ducklings i saw that one egg was upside down and the ducklings whole bill was sticking through the egg. The duckling was dead by the time i noticed him. I'm just wondering why he would die? There wasn't any goo around his bill, it was all clean. Was it because he started to zip and the other ducklings that already hatched turned his whole egg over? Or is it because he was too big and couldn't get out?

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone can give me any ideas as to why a ducklings whole bill would be outside of an egg. I'm incubating Saxony ducklings and everything has gone well, except for that one part. When taking out the ducklings i saw that one egg was upside down and the ducklings whole bill was sticking through the egg. The duckling was dead by the time i noticed him. I'm just wondering why he would die? There wasn't any goo around his bill, it was all clean. Was it because he started to zip and the other ducklings that already hatched turned his whole egg over? Or is it because he was too big and couldn't get out?
The air cell may have not been big enough and once the bill was outside the egg it probably couldn't turn to continue zipping out and just passed away.

Back
Top Bottom