Ducklings breathing

Fynnbaby

Hatching
Jun 29, 2020
Hi everyone, I’ve had my duckling for a little over two weeks, and this morning he was all good, I then went to go change his water, and food. After that I went to go cut up some greens. And when I came back down he was breathing weird, you can hear it kinda like a whistle, and he’s breathing faster then I noticed. He’s acting normal, I’ve just never noticed this before.. could his nostrils be clogged a bit? He has a thing of water in his bin big enough that he can walk around in it. Should he go for a bigger swim? Thanks everyone, every little tip helps :)
*edit*
His breathing went back to normal, but his poops this morning has been runny/ watery, and one of them has been foamy/bubbly? Cou it be cause he ate more then usual this morning, or something else? Thanks xx

Last edited:
Can you see through his nares? Is his bedding wet? Having something with water in it in his bin makes me thing wet bedding and possibly mold? Can you post a video of his breathing? And his brooder? To post a video put it on Vimeo or you tube then copy an paste here.

Can you see through his nares? Is his bedding wet? Having something with water in it in his bin makesc bc me thing wet bedding and possibly mold? Can you post a video of his breathing? And his brooder? To post a video put it on Vimeo or you tube then copy an paste here.
Frdgvc

His breathing seemed to go back to normal once he dried himself off so maybe he had water in his nose? his nares seem to be fine, his bedding was a little wet. But he has also been pooping runny white, this morning, with some bubbles in one of the poops. But he seems to be acting normal ? He also had quite a bigger breakfast than usual this morning, could that be the cause for the poops?

Usually a whistle means they had something obstructing (part of) their nostrils and causing the whistling sound Extra water or a bath usually does the trick - depends on how stubborn the blockage is.

Usually a whistle means they had something obstructing (part of) their nostrils and causing the whistling sound Extra water or a bath usually does the trick - depends on how stubborn the blockage is.
We gave him a bath and the whistle is gone thanks!! Now just concerned on the white runny poop

Back
Top Bottom