Ducklings Feet Going Inward - Niacin?

At the age they are unless your offering chick grit what you can feed them to get the liquid b into her is limited. Some ducklings don't mind the taste and will gobble the peas right up. But unless your offering chick grit I wouldn't even give them peas. They have no way to process anything other than their starter feed, Be sure the niacin your giving them isn't time released or flush free.

Lets see putting it into their waterer would be fine but that means you don't know how much she is getting.
Hows the feet doing?

If you can get some chick grit you could crush up some mealworms and put Liquid b on them. Let her get a taste for the mealworms first so she sees how yummy they are. When offering chick grit just put it into a small bowl close to their feed so they use it as they need it.

At the age they are unless your offering chick grit what you can feed them to get the liquid b into her is limited. Some ducklings don't mind the taste and will gobble the peas right up. But unless your offering chick grit I wouldn't even give them peas. They have no way to process anything other than their starter feed, Be sure the niacin your giving them isn't time released or flush free.

Lets see putting it into their waterer would be fine but that means you don't know how much she is getting.
Hows the feet doing?

If you can get some chick grit you could crush up some mealworms and put Liquid b on them. Let her get a taste for the mealworms first so she sees how yummy they are. When offering chick grit just put it into a small bowl close to their feed so they use it as they need it.
I do have chick grit out for them since I've been giving them a few dried minnows to nibble on. I could probably crush some of those up and maybe they would hide the taste better than peas. Her legs look a little straighter than yesterday and she's walking and running much better, but they're still somewhat bowed and she steps on her own feet. I'll try minnows or mealworms with the complex next to see if I can get her to swallow the whole 1 ml. Thanks so much!

She isn't worse but she isn't better either, and there's a couple more with very slight turned in feet. I've been doing the b-complex in their water but like you said, I don't know how much the ones with the problems are getting. That one duckling is not as treat motivated as some either, so I can't get her eat anything with the complex on it. I'm thinking about doing the b-complex as an injection. Would the dose (1 ml) be the same as oral? How is it done with ducklings? I've done dog injections before but not birds.

I don't know about injection but @casportpony or @Isaac 0 could probably help you there.

If you follow the info on the link I gave you. I usually get my dh to hold the birds and that gives me 2 hands to work with one to open the bill the other to put the liquid down the right hole. you need a 1ml syringe without a needle of course.

Back
Top Bottom