Ducklings fighting

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by duckies4ever, Sep 7, 2016.

1. duckies4ever

duckies4ever Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2016
    Vernon Connecticut
    Need help I have a duckling who is being by other ducklings they have been pecking and pulling out feathers now the duckling won't eat or drink what should I do

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  3. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Are they all the same age and size? How many are there and how much room do they have? Do they have food with water 24/7?

@duckies4ever

4. duckies4ever

Jul 8, 2016
    Vernon Connecticut
    They are the same age 8 weeks old it's a little smaller than the one that's pecking it and there's only three ducklings yes they have good and water and enough room

5. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    So, I would separate either the one getting picked on, or the one doing the picking if it's just the one.

Use something like a plastic poultry fence divider, so they can still be right near each other, see each other, but the little one is safe. It may just be a phase.

What's the brooder temperature? Breed?

6. duckies4ever

Jul 8, 2016
    Vernon Connecticut
    It's a cage my husband built it has plentof ventilation the breed is a khaki mallard hybrids they came from a mother that is a khaki Campbell and the father is a mallard

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by