Ducklings in the water

If it’s warm out I just throw them in it and let them play,and they do fine and my water is usually pretty cool.If your concerned about temp put them in your bath tub and make the water just a little warm.Just enough they can dip their heads in but can stand and swim at the same time,so they can choose one or the other.You can throw treats in with them if you want but it isn’t necessary.

If it’s warm out I just throw them in it and let them play,and they do fine and my water is usually pretty cool.If your concerned about temp put them in your bath tub and make the water just a little warm.Just enough they can dip their heads in but can stand and swim at the same time,so they can choose one or the other.You can throw treats in with them if you want but it isn’t necessary.
What treats do I get at the feed store or home?

You can feed mealworms or I like to throw bread in the water,it’s fun watching them chase each other around for food.

That’s a lie.I feed my ducks and chickens bread.It can make them fat however,but if you feed it to them with responsibility they won’t.A slice of bread for your ducklings shouldn’t hurt them escpecially broken into tiny pieces.However if your worried about it hurting them try mealworms or scratch or some cooked eggs.

That’s a lie.I feed my ducks and chickens bread.It can make them fat however,but if you feed it to them with responsibility they won’t.A slice of bread for your ducklings shouldn’t hurt them escpecially broken into tiny pieces.However if your worried about it hurting them try mealworms or scratch or some cooked eggs.
Ok I read it from here lol oh well but I will be giving them eggs tho!:thumbsup

My ducklings are 3 weeks old, I put enough water in there so they can play but not too deep. The water is warm to the touch. I let them play for a bit and when everyone stops playing I know they've had enough and are tired. Basically they'll stand there and stare at me like 'okay, enough of this' lol
I give mine the occasional treat.. yesterday they had some diced watermelon and went crazy. Day before diced cucumber. I tried carrots, that were steamed (not hot) and they didn't like it.

Giving a lot of bread can be really bad for baby ducks because they fill up on bread and get too full to eat the nutrients they need. It's not very good for the adults, either. That's why you shouldn't feed bread to ducks at the park, give them lettuce or oats instead.
A little bit of bread is harmless. Consider it like candy. You'll have some really unhealthy kids if you feed your kids nothing but candy, but it won't hurt your kids to eat a candy bar now and then.

Back
Top Bottom