Ducklings not hatching

Ok I will take note of that. This is my first time doing this, safe hole is that by popping a small hole into the air pocket? Is so I'm not sure how to do this

Ok I will take note of that. This is my first time doing this, safe hole is that by popping a small hole into the air pocket? Is so I'm not sure how to do this

OK get a needle, you have to be careful but at the same time apply pressure in order to get threw the shell, all you need to do is make a small hole NO bigger then the tip of a pen point.

but use a needle or tweezers and push until you get threw the shell, becareful not to push to hard and hit the baby, but you have to push enough to get threw that shell. It's a little tricky. Best way to get it down is to practice on an egg that you have in the fridge. This way you can get an Idea of how much you have to push versus how much to hold back..

Poke the hole right at the top of the large end of a egg, where the Air cell is.

With tweezers you can place it at on the shell and do circles or twists.. until it breaks threw.. Got to be careful NOT to smash the entire shell.

If I was you, I would candle all of them, check for movements, give them all a safe hole.. If no movement then sniff inside the hole after you have made them there safe hole. Smell for bad odor, if none, then put the egg to your ear and tap on the shell, listen carefully for any sounds, like clicking sounds or tapping sounds or even peeping sounds.. then place back in the bator for now. and give them exactly 24 hours after that, we will need to INTERVEEN.

How many eggs are we talking?

Phew that's that done lets hope it helps them. 5 are still alive but not too sure on the other 2
Thanks again :)

Back
Top Bottom