Ducklings to go in coop?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Empera, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Empera

Empera Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Issaquah, WA
    I currently have 4 darling Khaki Campbell ducklings at the age of 4 weeks, and I really don't have anymore space to brood them anymore inside the house. (stinky ducks [​IMG])

People say 6 weeks, I've heard 2-3 weeks but I just want to be 100% sure they won't get hurt or sick outside.

I would put them inside my coop (seperated from the chickens) if I wasn't so worried about my coop burning down because of a heat lamp which they could use if they want.

It's not too cold over here in Seattle. The lowest it gets is freezing, and my coop stays a good 10-15 degrees above the outside temperature. It's been nice weather the past few days and I hope it will get a lot better. [​IMG]

Is it safe to put them out there? Or is there a safe way to put a heat lamp in there with no fear of the possibility of it all burning down?

Thanks!

2. tonini3059

tonini3059 [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    I stuck mine outside when it was 4 weeks old as long. I have a heat lamp hanging from the ceiling to keep him warm. He also cuddles up with the chicks.

3. ChickenToes

ChickenToes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    If you can keep them warm enough, they can go outside. I brooded my ducklings outside from day one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by