ducklings trying to eat everything

elephantapple

Chirping
9 Years
Apr 28, 2013
My ducklings have started to try to eat EVERYTHING. They are about a week and a few days old. This all started because I was trying to train them with meal worms to "come here". It has worked. But now every time I hold them, they won't stay still anymore, they just try to bite and eat everything. They go crazy. It's like the meal worms made them crackheads. They've completely changed. I miss my snuggly ducklings. Should I lay off the meal worms for a few days to see if they calm down and only train them every few days?

well, as your ducklings age they will get somewhat less cuddly..even skittish..and then they'll calm down some. it depends on the ducks personality...i'd say it's more that they're aging that they're so restless than the fact that you gave them meal worms.

I totally agree with Shicks! Some days, it even seems like they may be having a bad day like humans do! :) My boys nibble (as I call it) on absolutely everything, even when they're cuddling with me but then they'll quiet down, relax and sleep. I don't think it was the yummy treat you're giving them! I'd love to know how you trained them, though!

Back
Top Bottom