Ducklings update and food question

:lau:gig:yuckyuck I had not seen that before!! Thank you for making my day!!

@xx_li_xx you have to upload your videos to YouTube and then you can share the link here! Love the pictures! Especially the grown ducks looking after the babies! Have they gotten to interact at all yet?
Thank you everyone for advice - so far we tried the water set up in a roaring tray on top of sawdust - hoped that would solve it but nope, just water and saw dust everywhere instead, I then swapped out the sawdust for a puppy pad- there’s a little less water than before but not much to be singing about. May have to try a grate thing see if that helps. ... I won’t even ask how to make them poo less
-Such messy cute little things.

They haven’t interacted with the big ones properly, they’ve had the wire fence between them, I was nervous incase the big ones got nasty- do you think it would be ok to give them free rein together if me and the husband stayed close?

:)

Just make sure you don't end up with this..

can't help it I love to show this pic.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/duckling-in-a-bottle.286957/#post-3489096

42651_waterbottle.jpg

Ducklings and ducks are just too funny

All you can do is try. They of course will either scare the dickens out of the adults or the adults will feel obligated to let them know they are low ducks on totem pole. You never know. I still have the mental picture for the first time we had ducklings hatch and when I let mama an babies out with the big ducks the babies ran after the big ducks and those big ducks ran for their lives. It was hilarious! I used this as a waterer and went deeper as they got older. I put it over a broiler pan I picked up at a thrift store with pee pads over top it worked pretty good.

Attachments

• 3FEADCC7-00D2-4FEC-82AC-FE7736698997.jpeg
    3FEADCC7-00D2-4FEC-82AC-FE7736698997.jpeg
    454.6 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom