Ducklings with red spots!

Bow8746

In the Brooder
Mar 4, 2015
I'm a new user and it took me forever to figure out how to post a forum. lol. I'll get used to it. But my concern today is that recently I've invested in 4 Peking Ducklings and they have recently gained a reddish looking rash at the ends of their wings(elbow) and one is getting a slight red tint along the spine. I'm very concerned. I've read several times on BYC that it could be skin irritation from bedding, not bathing (in which today was their official first bathing day. no soap. Just water.). I'm just worried it my first time with ducklings but not with chickens. Id appreciate any input on the situation.
jumpy.gif

I'd have to say their between 1 1/2 -2 1/2 weeks old, and on the feathers i'm not quit for certain because its my first time raising ducklings.

Last edited:
I’m trying but they keep knocking down the thermometer and burying it as I figure they should be at 81 degrees right now

Attachments

• 93D2BBA9-8368-4950-94EF-FE5BEA27E749.jpeg
    93D2BBA9-8368-4950-94EF-FE5BEA27E749.jpeg
    249.2 KB · Views: 47
  • FBBC0B0D-89D4-4513-B081-07FEDCC1B4DA.png
    FBBC0B0D-89D4-4513-B081-07FEDCC1B4DA.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 49
i think that is just normal from where down is falling out and the feathers will start emerging, I dont actualy know how ducklings feel but i think growing feathers is sore and itchy like a kid teething
@DuckyDonna

Is there room in the brooder for them to get away from the heat as they need too?

i think that is just normal from where down is falling out and the feathers will start emerging, I dont actualy know how ducklings feel but i think growing feathers is sore and itchy like a kid teething
@DuckyDonna

Is there room in the brooder for them to get away from the heat as they need too?
I've not had this happen to any of mine.......yet. Sorry, I'm no help.

Back
Top Bottom