Ducklings!

make them something like this and they wont be able to climb into it. As for baths as long as it's nice warm water and only up to tops of their legs to start with they can play in water you just have to make sure the water stays warm and once done they are patted dry and put right back under a heat source.
Your heat plate should be lower in the back that way they can access the heat from it since these heat plates were designed so that when the chick or duckling are under they can barely touch the heat plate similar to a mama sitting on them keeping them warm. My ducklings loved their heat plate but spent more time on top than below it. Thank goodness mine came with a dome to keep them off the top until they were around 2 weeks old and they didn't need as much warmth. I then removed the dome so they could get up on the top and enjoy themselves.
Your babies are adorable.
One thing with heat plates these ducklings grow so fast you have to be sure to adjust
IMG_2627.jpeg
the heat plate about every week.

make them something like this and they wont be able to climb into it. As for baths as long as it's nice warm water and only up to tops of their legs to start with they can play in water you just have to make sure the water stays warm and once done they are patted dry and put right back under a heat source.
Your heat plate should be lower in the back that way they can access the heat from it since these heat plates were designed so that when the chick or duckling are under they can barely touch the heat plate similar to a mama sitting on them keeping them warm. My ducklings loved their heat plate but spent more time on top than below it. Thank goodness mine came with a dome to keep them off the top until they were around 2 weeks old and they didn't need as much warmth. I then removed the dome so they could get up on the top and enjoy themselves.
Your babies are adorable.
One thing with heat plates these ducklings grow so fast you have to be sure to adjustView attachment 3435275 the heat plate about every week.
I will have to cut the lid out i have the container without a lid right now. I noticed that the heat plate was to high i lowered it in the back left it higher in the front. And Thank you!

They were super active today, finding everyway to make a mess🤣. I ended up replacing the puppy pads 4 times before, putting bedding in since before i brought them home they were in bedding. I have added nutritional yeast to the food, and they eat even more food. They have since found a loud quack, when i pick one up and the other is still in the brooder. I will post some of my hundred photos i already took.🤣

Back
Top Bottom