Ducks all gone

Jun 23, 2018
Hello,
I got home from the cinama tonight and was about half an hour late to put my 4 ducks in bed. On checking, I found out that none of my ducks were in the house (we checked the whole garden aswell) all gone without a trace, not a feather or sign of a struggle. My ducks were all very large and very fast making it hard to believe that a fox could catch one, let alone 4 without leaving any sign. Any ideas of what could have happened? Stolen pehapsp?
I am holding up hope that they will return in the morning but unfortunately I doubt it.
Thanks x

If there not back in the morning get your google maps out and look for nearby brooks ponds or puddles. Check them and walk your property

They mightve traveled out looking for water. i think mine could hear a brook a few hundred feet away they ran there.

If a fox or coyote or big cat attacted i wouldnt exepct it to clean up all 4 cleanly...

If there not back in the morning get your google maps out and look for nearby brooks ponds or puddles. Check them and walk your property

They mightve traveled out looking for water. i think mine could hear a brook a few hundred feet away they ran there.

If a fox or coyote or big cat attacted i wouldnt exepct it to clean up all 4 cleanly...
We don't get coyote where I live but do live close to woods so foxes are a possibility. Its been raining heavily with lightning so I thought they might have just run for cover somewhere. Will do another good check tomorrow everywhere close by. Thanks x

I've just lost 3 ducks tonight also. I feel for you and hope you find them. Today I picked up 3 new khaki Campbells, to add to my current duck flock. Today was their first day here. They seemed to get along ok with the others. But when night came I caught them going up the driveway toward the road. I herded them back to the backyard, and half an hour later all the other ducks were in the duck coop and my new ones were missing. Hopefully they bedded down close by and nothing gets them, or hopefully they didnt get too far away.

How terrifying for you! I hope your ducks come back. After a mink took one of my drakes this year, one of my female runners disappeared before bedtime. I was sure Grace Kelly was another goner. I put away her companions and went to bed heartbroken.

In the morning, when I went out to open their run, I saw a black streak racing across the yard -- I'm not sure where Grace Kelly spent the night, but she was never late for bedtime again. Wishing you the best with yours!!

I've just lost 3 ducks tonight also. I feel for you and hope you find them. Today I picked up 3 new khaki Campbells, to add to my current duck flock. Today was their first day here. They seemed to get along ok with the others. But when night came I caught them going up the driveway toward the road. I herded them back to the backyard, and half an hour later all the other ducks were in the duck coop and my new ones were missing. Hopefully they bedded down close by and nothing gets them, or hopefully they didnt get too far away.
So sorry about your ducks x

How terrifying for you! I hope your ducks come back. After a mink took one of my drakes this year, one of my female runners disappeared before bedtime. I was sure Grace Kelly was another goner. I put away her companions and went to bed heartbroken.

In the morning, when I went out to open their run, I saw a black streak racing across the yard -- I'm not sure where Grace Kelly spent the night, but she was never late for bedtime again. Wishing you the best with yours!!
Glad she turned up, what an adventure she must have had hopefully mine have done the same x

My pekins love to go on “adventures”. I had a panic this week when I couldn’t find one anywhere, and then she just popped out of the woods. I’m sorry about your ducks, I hope you can find them safe and sound!

My pekins love to go on “adventures”. I had a panic this week when I couldn’t find one anywhere, and then she just popped out of the woods. I’m sorry about your ducks, I hope you can find them safe and sound!
Just been out searching again and unfortunately found one patch of feathers where there had been a struggle. Hopefully other are just hiding not looking good though x

Back
Top Bottom