Ducks and chickens

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by martysatterwhite, Aug 6, 2011.

1. martysatterwhite

martysatterwhite New Egg

Apr 8, 2011
    I am new to chicken and ducks. I have eight chickens and three muscovy ducks, one male, two female. Two of the ducks visit the coop and eat with the chickens.The other
    duck , female,takes long walks, sometimes for more than a day, then returns to the pond. Is this normal? Does she need another duck. The other two seem to be bonded. She seems left out.

2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    You may get a better response if you post this in the correct section of the forum. Try "Managing your flock"

3. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Firstly [​IMG]

You may want to post this in the duck section. There are lots of duck people who tend to only browse that section as they only have and want to chat about ducks.

i have 11 ducks, all females. i don't have muscovies so not sure if they tend to pair up. i know some breeds do and some don't. i would be worried having your other female wander off for a day. Do you have secure pens and coops for them and lock them up at night?

Anyhow, if you post your question under the Duck section, i'm sure there will be muscovie owners who can give you some guidance.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by