Ducks and determine sex

taunya1979

Chirping
Jun 7, 2016
Ok so I got two ducks a few months ago. Will add photo the smaller one has a honking quack like deeper voice and the taller one with the darker head has more of a peeping quack. I always thought the larger would be the male and the smaller female idk maybe you can tell from the pic lol

Attachments

• IMG_9196.JPG
    IMG_9196.JPG
    589.4 KB · Views: 4
I've had females that started out larger than males. They'll catch up in size. It's all in the voice. The ones that sound like Donald Duck are male. Lol. The less raspy honkers are female.

I would think the male is the larger one in your photo, he is more colorful than the other. Males tend to have the more attractive markings and females look plainer. When they are older males usually get a curled tail feather - females do not.

You can also post on the "duck thread."

@drumstick diva That's good to know. I only keep Pekins, so I never even think about color. :lau I had a real mystery on my hands this year with a very large duck that refused to quack like a lady until she was around 12 weeks old. Somehow I just knew she was a she, but I was really beginning to question my judgement.

Back
Top Bottom