ducks and eggs

sbennett

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 8, 2009
Locust
when can we expect duck eggs? we got our ducklings the week before easter and they appear to be full size. the mallards (were supposed to be mallards but i don't think they are) are all the same sex (males i think) but the two whites i think are one each.

My pekin began laying at about 5 months old, the runner and mallard didn't lay til about 8-9 months. It felt like I was waiting forever for those duck eggs!

we STILL don't have duck eggs

i've been giving them laying mash in addition to their regular food just in case but still no eggs.
we've had them 25 weeks and i know they were several weeks old when we got them..

my oldest pekin started laying this week and we got her before easter. averaging about a egg a day since we put in the oyster shell

we have oyster shells too - i need to remember to put that in with their food again. i'm soooo wanting to bake with duck eggs and they are making me wait!

we got two eggs today!! one is oviously a first attempt - and both are smaller than our chicken eggs but still i'm sooo excited!!

celebrate.gif
Congratulations!!!
That was a long wait!!

Back
Top Bottom