1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ducks and noise.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Oddyse, May 24, 2011.

1. Oddyse

Oddyse Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2011
    Bristol
    Can my ducklings (Still inside the eggs in the bator) about 20 days old, hear noise and stuff? Im a little worried because my next door neighbour likes to blast music and it can be heard clearly in my house! Im not too bothered because im moving house soon, but I was wondering if the little guys could hear it and if they could, would it make any difference? [​IMG]

2. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Yes, they can hear it. They will come out break dancing.

Other than that, it won't hurt them.

3. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:thanks for THAT mental image....hehehehe [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Quote:[​IMG]

That pretty much sums it up. [​IMG] They can hear you talk to them too, and they love it if you make little soft duck-clucky noises. And if the neighbors catch you at it, they'll only think you're slightly more nuts than they already assume. When they're close to hatching and you start hearing them peep, you can cheep at them and they'll cheep right back from inside the egg. It's so totally cool. [​IMG]

5. Oddyse

Oddyse Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2011
    Bristol
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] BREAKDANCING DUCKS [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] That was brilliant! Aw thats good to know then, I didnt want them to be as uncomfortable with the music as I am! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by