Ducks are good at hiding symptoms..

Pics
Could be stress or heat. for Cookies sake she’d be happier if you had another duck. Maybe you can find an adult female or 2? They really do like having one of their own makes them a flock.
I feel so bad replacing Daisy with another duck😭
I was thinking of a duckling, maybe it could distract her. How do we know they will get along?

You could try a duckling you’d just have to let them be together while you were watching because adults ducks aren’t always nice to ducklings if not their owns,but letting them be together some during the day would sure get Cookie use to having another duck around then when the duckling is around 3-4 weeks depending on how it goes they probably can be together. All this under your supervision until the duckling is big enough to be with Cookie full time.

You could try a duckling you’d just have to let them be together while you were watching because adults ducks aren’t always nice to ducklings if not their owns,but letting them be together some during the day would sure get Cookie use to having another duck around then when the duckling is around 3-4 weeks depending on how it goes they probably can be together. All this under your supervision until the duckling is big enough to be with Cookie full time.
Oh! I thought she’d have problem with an adult duck rather that a duckling !
I will definitely look into it
Because of this coronavirus quarantine I don’t think I can do that anytime soon..
I’ll spend all of my time with her, I hope Cookie gets better soon 😞

I hope so too! Is Cookie only been like this since you lost Daisy? Even getting an adult can take time for both to get use to each other. But they will. I know it’s hard for all of us we’re not to leave our property unless to go to the dr or grocery or pharmacy. It doesn’t look like it’s going to end anytime soon either.:(

I hope so too! Is Cookie only been like this since you lost Daisy? Even getting an adult can take time for both to get use to each other. But they will. I know it’s hard for all of us we’re not to leave our property unless to go to the dr or grocery or pharmacy. It doesn’t look like it’s going to end anytime soon either.:(
Yes, she was independent and so calm!
It’s so challenging I hope I can make the best decision for her.
Exactly, everything is so unclear and vague..

Back
Top Bottom