Ducks are Picky

Aunt Angus

🐓+🦆+🐐=🎪
5 Years
Jul 16, 2018
Nevada County, CA
I go into the coop this morning to clean. I see the bag of pine shavings where I left them last night after replenishing the coop's litter.
20220905_075924.jpg

Silly birds knocked it over. So I go over to pick it up.
20220905_080157.jpg

Silly ducks must've been scratching around in it. They get into everything!
20220905_080201.jpg

Guess they decided they prefer this over the other 1086436 places they lay their eggs.

I go into the coop this morning to clean. I see the bag of pine shavings where I left them last night after replenishing the coop's litter.
View attachment 3249018

Silly birds knocked it over. So I go over to pick it up.
View attachment 3249019

Silly ducks must've been scratching around in it. They get into everything!
View attachment 3249021

Guess they decided they prefer this over the other 1086436 places they lay their eggs.
I leave my bag of pine shavings just outside the coop when I am inside cleaning and replennishing. I have to do that or I get 5 yakking ducks in the coop with me. The two muscovy love pulling at the bag and trying to get inside it. I think they like the sound. I've not had a present of a new laid egg though, lucky you! [My ducks are all drakes ;-) ]

Last edited:
During the winter, I got into the habit of keeping the bag of shavings in the coop, and kept it there in the Spring, being lazy. Yup, ducks lay in them! :D
I went out just a few minutes ago, and there's a chicken egg in there now. Either the Leghorn or the Spitz (my only white egg layers). My money is on the Spitz. She is nothing but trouble!
🤣

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom