DUCKS ARE STARTING TO PIP ABOUT 2 DAYS EARLY. SHOULD I LOCK DOWN? HELP PLEASE!

My baby has no egg left and is in a dry paper towel in a solo cup. I have it supported in a tiny brooder to stay warm. The bator is so gross I wasn't putting it back in there. The yolk is about the size of a dime. The bird is active, so I put it in the brooder alone praying it goes to sleep and allows its body to do its thing. Just say some prayers. It's out of my control now.
Just put him into a little cup lined with paper towels to keep him from moving too much, and put him back in the incubator- it needs to stay completely clean and warm and dry, if it goes in with other ducklings or runs about the yolk sack could burst and or become infected.
It isn't out of your control, it's in your control, as was the premature hatch- so please just put him back inside to absorb.

Just put him into a little cup lined with paper towels to keep him from moving too much, and put him back in the incubator- it needs to stay completely clean and warm and dry, if it goes in with other ducklings or runs about the yolk sack could burst and or become infected.
It isn't out of your control, it's in your control, as was the premature hatch- so please just put him back inside to absorb.
I have 2 brooders. One for first born babies or sick ones, and one for the bigger crazy ducks. Lucky was in the tiny one alone all night and this morning. The yolk is absorbed and She's playing by herself. Tomorrow, I will put her with the other 11 ducks. Thank you for your help! Your advice worked! That incubator needs a good Clorox cleaning. It is so gross from the birds hatching over the past 3 days. I have another hatch in about 5 days. I am one tired duck and human mom, lol.

Last edited:
I have 2 brooders. One for first born babies or sick ones, and one for the bigger crazy ducks. Lucky was in the tiny one alone all night and this morning. The yolk is absorbed and She's playing by herself. Tomorrow, I will put her with the other 11 ducks. Thank you for your help! Your advice worked! That incubator needs a good Clorox cleaning. It is so gross from the birds hatching over the past 3 days.
I'm glad she's okay, is her tummy all closed up?
Are they all hatched now?

I'm glad she's okay, is her tummy all closed up?
Are they all hatched now?
100% hatch rate and tummy is all closed. I checked a few times just to be sure before letting her try to walk on her own. She's happy and cheep cheeping away with the other duckies in my dining room lol. We have a cat outside so I can't put them in my garage. He will murder anything living that is smaller than he is.

I have pictures. I will post some in here after I email them to myself.

100% hatch rate and tummy is all closed. I checked a few times just to be sure before letting her try to walk on her own. She's happy and cheep cheeping away with the other duckies in my dining room lol. We have a cat outside so I can't put them in my garage. He will murder anything living that is smaller than he is.

I have pictures. I will post some in here after I email them to myself.
Looking forward to seeing them!
Congratulations on the successful hatch!

I think you may have misunderstood. I took your advice, I just didn't put it in the incubator. For a good 5 hours I held it in the cup under my north face jacket lol.

My daughter hatched the duck early, and I told her not to pull the shell. It happens. Next time only a safety hole.

The ducky is doing really well and currently being loved on by a teenager. I wouldn't hatch something just to hurt it or not help it. That would be so cruel and not at all what God would want me doing. I did everything I was told except the bator. The tiny little brooder I have is perfect for a duckling that needs to be alone, or 2 ducklings. It's warm and cozy just like an incubator.

I think you may have misunderstood. I took your advice, I just didn't put it in the incubator. For a good 5 hours I held it in the cup under my north face jacket lol.

My daughter hatched the duck early, and I told her not to pull the shell. It happens. Next time only a safety hole.

The ducky is doing really well and currently being loved on by a teenager. I wouldn't hatch something just to hurt it or not help it. That would be so cruel and not at all what God would want me doing. I did everything I was told except the bator. The tiny little brooder I have is perfect for a duckling that needs to be alone, or 2 ducklings. It's warm and cozy just like an incubator.
that's fine! If it was cleaner than the incubator then you did the right thing. And evidently it worked out well!
It does happen sometimes, I'm not at all blaming you! I just misunderstood the situation somewhat.
Congrats on all your beautiful babies!

that's fine! If it was cleaner than the incubator then you did the right thing. And evidently it worked out well!
It does happen sometimes, I'm not at all blaming you! I just misunderstood the situation somewhat.
Congrats on all your beautiful babies!
Tone in writing is so hard to interpret. I do mortgages and I always have to tell people I am not being rude. LOL. Must be the NY'er in me.

Back
Top Bottom