Duck's butt view of egg laying

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by TLWR, Feb 17, 2011.

1. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    DH went out to get Ally and Cadbury off the deck this morning since they thought it a good place to scream their fool heads off while we were eating breakfast. He said Blue was on her nest under the shrub - did they know that or were they upset that she was missing? I have no clue. But Ally was still quacking like a fool while standing right next to the shrub.

Anyway, I went out and while waiting for DH to turn on the hose, I squatted down on the deck to check out what Blue was up to and saw her standing rustling her tail feathers and then they spread out wide and I noticed she was about to lay an egg. So I watched LOL
    Not really all that exciting [​IMG] But kind of neat I guess.
    She sat on it for a while, stood over it for a while and who knows what she's up to now, I got tired of watching her stand there.

2. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

They are funny little things when they are getting ready tolay. Ive sat many a time when Ive let them out to early and watched when a duck keeps going to the same place to scratch a nest out. Ive seen a couple lay butt towards me. Most of the time the Pekins have laid the egg and carried on like nothing happened

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by