Ducks decapitated and bodies left?

Brittany0309

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 16, 2012
So we just went to lock up our boys for the night only to discover that something or someone??? had killed our ducks, taken their heads and left them dead. What would do that?! Our chickens are MIA. Hoping they escaped and will return

Very sorry for your loss.

Quote: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/18670/poultry-predator-identification

Although, I think sometimes minks or weasels will decapitate for fun, too. My brother went out to the coop one morning years ago, and found 39 of his 40 chickens all dead and decapitated. This was a secure building that a raccoon could not have entered or reached through. He did find a small hole in the floor big enough for a mink or weasel, though.

Last edited:
So we just went to lock up our boys for the night only to discover that something or someone??? had killed our ducks, taken their heads and left them dead. What would do that?! Our chickens are MIA. Hoping they escaped and will return
Gosh! What an awful discovery for you!!

Any update on your chickens? Have they come home?

Its either a coon or a possum!

Praying your chickens return safely!

My condolences for the loss<3
hugs.gif

I'd actually guess owl. This happened to one of my ducks a little over a year ago. It was awful, I feel terrible for you :( Now we keep the ducks in an A-Frame style pen with netting over the top inside of a fenced yard and so far, so good.

Back
Top Bottom