Ducks Drinking and Swimming.

Is it such a big effort to give them a separate water bowl? Pond is for swimming, other bowl/basin for drinking. It's not hard. Just give them fresh when you feed them. Easy peazy
thumbsup.gif
In theory, but lets see how it goes in prac
wink.png

I will have a few waterers around the coop so they will be able to drink from them but not mess up and the chickens will still be able to drink from them. I will also have a small fibre glass pond for the ducks when they are in the coop so they can swim in it but we have a proper dam about 50m away from the coop, I plan on letting the ducks go over there when I let them and the chickens out to free range so that will help keep the smaller fibre glass pool cleaner longer.
Yay it's all finally coming together.

Yes, fresh water as much as possible is a healthier for them. I can get away with changing mine every second day with just my pair.
At the moment I'm designing a pond/bath for my new ducklings which will be able to drain the water away. Will take longer, but will be a much cleaner way.

Good luck

Yes, fresh water as much as possible is a healthier for them. I can get away with changing mine every second day with just my pair.
At the moment I'm designing a pond/bath for my new ducklings which will be able to drain the water away. Will take longer, but will be a much cleaner way.

Good luck
It's anonymous fresh water is a must. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom