Ducks late in the mail

Sandy2003

Chirping
May 13, 2019
Connecticut
I don’t know where to post this but my cousin ordered ducks in the mail. They were born and sent out and Tuesday and it’s Friday and they still haven’t arrived. They are from California and she lives in Maryland. Any advice and are they going to make it?

humblehillsfarm

Crowing
Mar 27, 2020
Southwestern Pennsylvania
My Coop
My Coop
Find the tracking number and check where they are in transit and call the local post office to make sure they are aware the chicks are coming and give them your number. Finally, I personally advise against ordering chicks from so far away. The chances of something going wrong in transit radically increase. In most cases, you'll find a hatchery much closer to home with better shipping times and offering the breeds you were wanting.

Last edited:

esme13

Songster
7 Years
Apr 22, 2014
New York
I don’t know where to post this but my cousin ordered ducks in the mail. They were born and sent out and Tuesday and it’s Friday and they still haven’t arrived. They are from California and she lives in Maryland. Any advice and are they going to make it?
Terribly sorry, I agree with the other response. Contact postal service and check the tracking number. Praying they come !! And are alive

Sandy2003

Chirping
May 13, 2019
Connecticut
Terribly sorry, I agree with the other response. Contact postal service and check the tracking number. Praying they come !! And are alive
They came alive and happy. The postal service was rude and blamed them saying how they shouldn’t order ducks so far away. I’m just overjoyed that they made it!!

Sandy2003

Chirping
May 13, 2019
Connecticut
Find the tracking number and check where they are in transit and call the local post office to make sure they are aware the chicks are coming and give them your number. Finally, I personally advise against ordering chicks from so far away. The chances of something going wrong in transit radically increase. In most cases, you'll find a hatchery much closer to home with better shipping times and offering the breeds you were wanting.
Thank you for the help, they arrive happy and healthy. They are sleeping now. I am so happy that they made it

Top Bottom