Ducks mites and lice

Jaxall

Chirping
Apr 25, 2022
Do ducks get Mites or lice? I have 5 ducks and 2 geese and the ducks are just now fully feathered but my muscovy looks weird around her tail. Idk if it's just not grown in yet or a parasite problem maybe. Is this a problem usually with them?

Do ducks get Mites or lice? I have 5 ducks and 2 geese and the ducks are just now fully feathered but my muscovy looks weird around her tail. Idk if it's just not grown in yet or a parasite problem maybe. Is this a problem usually with them?
I found mites on my ducks. They are housed with my chickens. I treated them all the way you would chickens.

I found mites on my ducks. They are housed with my chickens. I treated them all the way you would chickens.
Aunt Agnes there are several ways to treat chickens, which way is good for ducks? would I used dust on ducks? or a spray of permethrin? or a few drops of ivermectin on their necks? I have just added 2 chickens to my duck flock and found out my chickens have lice so I used permethrin dust... but Im concerned about what will I do if I find any on my ducks now? Or on my geese? (geese are housed separately,, but chickens live with the ducks now)
would I have to stop giving the ducks a pool to swim in for a few days or a week ? If I used permethrin spray and ducks went in their swimming pool and then drink from it that could hurt them ? or ivermectin?

Aunt Agnes there are several ways to treat chickens, which way is good for ducks? would I used dust on ducks? or a spray of permethrin? or a few drops of ivermectin on their necks? I have just added 2 chickens to my duck flock and found out my chickens have lice so I used permethrin dust... but Im concerned about what will I do if I find any on my ducks now? Or on my geese? (geese are housed separately,, but chickens live with the ducks now)
would I have to stop giving the ducks a pool to swim in for a few days or a week ? If I used permethrin spray and ducks went in their swimming pool and then drink from it that could hurt them ? or ivermectin?
I hope there is someone able to advise you on this. I'm watching for it. The muscovy I'm concerned with keeps about a one foot distance and doesn't want to be grabbed, so some treatments available for hens may not work here. Someone on this site kindly told me that I shouldn't expect muscovy to dust bathe like a chicken, so ....

Back
Top Bottom