Ducks that lay colored eggs?

OhTisLove

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 21, 2009
I've been looking around on websites, and the most colorful egg I've found is "blue-tinged" from a Blue Swedish or something.
lol.png
Are there easily-found ducks out there that lay colored eggs? Even brown eggs? All five of mine lay white. Did I just miss a breed?

Thanks!

I'll be mad if there aren't blue egg laying ducks
tongue.png
After all, where did the colour 'duck egg blue' come from? Have I been living a lie?
tongue.png

of our 4 runners, they all lay different colored eggs.
IMG_0271.jpg

From left to right:

- Ollie (blue runner) lays white eggs that look slightly orange/pink due to having relatively thin shells. She's only been laying for a few weeks and the shells are getting thicker and larger.
- Vinny (black runner) lays gray eggs that tend to be pointy compared to the other eggs. Vinny's started laying recently too and the eggs are getting progressively larger.
- Ming Mei (chocolate runner) lays greenish blue eggs that are rounder than the others' eggs and are generally the smallest (she's much smaller than the other 3). She hasn't laid in about a week because she's gone broody and sits on just one egg (the ones that Victor lays - I take the egg away every day but she's refusing to stop being broody)
- Victor (fawn and white runner) lays eggs that are not as colorful as Ming Mei's and are slightly bluer. Victor's eggs tend to be the largest of the bunch (this one was on the smaller side). Lately Victor's eggs have been getting a bit smaller but I think that's because he's eating less while guarding Ming Mei and her nest.
roll.png

I get to look forward to Moxy (blue runner) and Norie (black runner) laying eggs in a few months. I wonder if I'll be able to tell their eggs apart on sight too!

Last edited:
Hmm, duck feeder, I have brown, blue, and black runners....perhaps they just haven't started laying yet? Maybe I do have colored eggs after all!

Back
Top Bottom