Ducks will not get along :(

I think they said the muscovy is the hen, not the drake. The drake is the pekin. Also if the hen is only a couple of months old, isn't that too young to be mated? I would separate them for sure immediately until she is older, and also until there are more hens to take some of his attention.
I know how confusing it can be sexing these crazy ducks!
Good luck.

Hello everyone, we have 2 ducks, a pekin duck that is nearing 2 years old and a muscovy duck whom we believe is now a couple months old. We got the muscovy duckling to accompany our Pekin who is called Lulu (we thought she was female as a baby but now quacks like a male and has a drake feather in its back so we now believe he/she is male) but Lulu will not get along with our Muscovy whom we believe is truly female and is named Rose. Lulu chases Rose around the garden and when she catches her, Lulu uses his/her beack to grap Rose's neck and head almost trying to pin her. Recently, we've also seen Lulu tries to get on top of Rose, and is extremely agressive. This is why we do not let them be without supervision together. Has anyone had a similar problem? What could be causing the agressiveness?
That sounds like breeding behavior. It’s my understanding that Muscovy crossed with a duck will produce offspring who will lay eggs but not be hatchable?

Hello everyone, I will send pictures of Rose (the Muscovy duck), we believe she is female simply from her appearance and size. We have had Muscovy males in the past and she is a bit different from them in appearance. She is now at least 3-4 months old and seems to not have developed cranucles like our Drakes have

Back
Top Bottom