Ducks with leg problems!

We have decided to put her down. Thank you all for your generous help, she did have a good life. Keep me posted on what is going on here.

We have decided to put her down. Thank you all for your generous help, she did have a good life. Keep me posted on what is going on here.
Oh my goodness!!!! I stopped getting notifications that there were replies on here three pages ago! I’ve missed So much. I am so so very sorry about your sweet girl. She was beautiful!!

Oh my goodness!!!! I stopped getting notifications that there were replies on here three pages ago! I’ve missed So much. I am so so very sorry about your sweet girl. She was beautiful!!
That's ok. Unfortunately, our neighbors dog broke into the tractor and killed 4 of the chickies. 3 chickens, and the rest of the 5 ducks survived. They are all doing well though. Thank you all for your helpful support!

They are adorable @GumBranchChick Now being Rouens
they are going to be heavy ducks so it's real important they don't get over weight. I'd keep up with the niacin even if eating the water fowl feed for a while just for that extra support. But maybe you should talk to your vet about them. As for them letting you touch them they may never want you to, My ducks, I have had some for over 8-10 years and they still don't like to be touched or held. If I have to I walk them into their house so I can pick them up with out them freaking out too badly. The only one of my birds who doesn't mind me picking him up and snuggling is my Muscovy drake and he was raised inside by myself and my dh.

They may never been normal in their legs since this was an issue for a while before you got them But they sure look very healthy and happy and that goes to your care and love for them. ♥​
Here’s an update on my boys. They are still walking a little funny but other than that they are normal & seem happy & healthy. Still doing the added niacin. I’ll have to take new videos to compare. Thanks to all of you for the confirmation on breed. Makes me feel better to at least know what I have!
I have a new question for you, too! So I have my drakes in a separate coop from my 2 hens & 1 rooster, but in the same yard. So they roam together. I found an injury under the wing on one of my hens & the rooster was making it worse breeding her, so he has been temporarily separated into a 3rd coop. Not a happy camper. 30 minutes after separating, he jumps on one of my drakes trying to breed him!!! Never any issues before but I still monitor since it’s fairly new. Is it a bad idea to have them together in the yard? It’s about 1/4 acre or so but everybody likes the same shady spots. So back to the issue...I wasn’t right there, so I can’t be sure which drake it was. One looks like his feathers are a bit ruffled, but when I tried to help fix them he was having None of that!! He still flaps his wings, nothing out of ordinary but the feathers. Reminds me of my parrot’s feathers, when I help him stretch his wing & get them back in the right place. No worries on this right? I don’t want to keep chasing the poor thing, he’s already been through enough getting molested by my rooster.

That's ok. Unfortunately, our neighbors dog broke into the tractor and killed 4 of the chickies. 3 chickens, and the rest of the 5 ducks survived. They are all doing well though. Thank you all for your helpful support!
Oh my goodness! I feel so awful for everything you’re going through. So many things that are out of our control with these birds. People think I’m crazy for worrying, but I know that it’s impossible to keep them 100% safe.

Back
Top Bottom