Ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Gail22, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

:welcome Shorty0228

Shorty0228 likes this.
  2. Katie Rossi

Katie Rossi Chirping

Jun 21, 2017
    I am taking care of a Peking duck for my daughter because her Drake was mounting her every day and has sores no feathers on her neck. Anyway you get the picture, she needed to heal. Here's my question. I have 2 grown ducks both hens, small compared to her, the Peking follows them around and they just run from her. Will they ever be her friend???

Miss Lydia likes this.
  3. Miss Lydia

That's better than them wanting to kick her butt. LOL That can happen too.
    It will take time, right now they see her as an outsider so give them time.

4. Katie Rossi

Katie Rossi Chirping

Jun 21, 2017
    I have another question about her. She has discoloration on her been. It looks like mold color. It's pimarily by her nostrils and then some specks around some small others bigger. Can any one tell me about it? Thank you!

Miss Lydia likes this.
  5. Miss Lydia

Pics would be good. But I have seen others post about this with their Pekins I believe it is normal but a pic would be good too. Again Lets get some Pekin owners to weigh in

@onaharley @CayugaJana

onaharley likes this.
  6. Katie Rossi

Katie Rossi Chirping

Jun 21, 2017
    MVIMG_20180419_081402.jpg

Julie Birb and Miss Lydia like this.
  7. Miss Lydia

onaharley and Katie Rossi like this.
  8. Oh what a cutie!!! I do believe that those marks on her nose comes with age. And are not mold. Currently cleaning my pekin ducks pen, got to get that done before the sun sets!!! I’ll post pic after dinner!!!

Julie Birb and Miss Lydia like this.
  9. Katie Rossi

Katie Rossi Chirping

Jun 21, 2017
    Looking forward to that

Miss Lydia likes this.
  10. Here is Bill and Ted. Bill is a hen and loves to apply mud masks nightly! Ted is my drake and full of love....in fact too much love and often goes to drake jail for his love!!! 50D0B752-E319-4375-86FD-9AC17C72D10C.jpeg
    9BEC862C-CB6B-4100-BA2E-422E08E9659A.jpeg
    Here are my newest members. From right to left: Babs (female silver appleyard), Lucky (male pekin) and Turbo (female pekin). Also know as my BLTs for short!

Soon2BChixMom likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: