Duckwing Araucana x ? 5-6 weeks

Thank you. Any guesses on his genes? The chicks are all over. Blue, green, black, yellow, and pink feet, beaks and skin. Some mix of rumpless, tailed.. crested, bearded.
He looks blue golden (gold/silver split) duckwing. It's possible his coloring is mixed.
Is it possible he's a mix of a British and rumpless araucana?
Maybe. I would still call him an araucana mix, though, since both have different standards.

Last edited:
I didn't claim he was purebred. Duckwing Araucana is my best guess. What makes you say he isn't an Araucana?
You kind of did, albeit unknowingly. If someone says “I have a White Leghorn”, that implies pure. If someone said “I have a White Leghorn cross”, then that implies it’s a mixed or cross breed.
There is a possibility that your Araucana is pure, but extremely poor quality. Where did you get him?

You kind of did, albeit unknowingly. If someone says “I have a White Leghorn”, that implies pure. If someone said “I have a White Leghorn cross”, then that implies it’s a mixed or cross breed.
There is a possibility that your Araucana is pure, but extremely poor quality. Where did you get him?
He wouldn't have traits like a beard and crest even if poor quality. Those are dominant traits that would only appear if he was crossed.

Back
Top Bottom