Dud eggs?

Nerdmom81

Songster
Apr 21, 2022
So I have 22 fertile eggs that my 2 broodys are setting on at the moment. Currently on day 6. When I have candled them, I see development on all but 2, which appear to be duds.

How long do I wait before removing and disposing of those 2 eggs? I’ve read conflicting things and wanted your guys’ opinion, as I’m totally new to all this.

So I have 22 fertile eggs that my 2 broodys are setting on at the moment. Currently on day 6. When I have candled them, I see development on all but 2, which appear to be duds.

How long do I wait before removing and disposing of those 2 eggs? I’ve read conflicting things and wanted your guys’ opinion, as I’m totally new to all this.
Good morning
I personally throw out on day 7 if there is no sign of life but many say day 7-10 to be sure

I prefer to wait 10 days before throwing out. Its possible that incubators have cool spots where some eggs may develop more slowly. If you're sure that isnt the case, and that conditions are good and equal- its up to you when you pull the duds.

I prefer to wait 10 days before throwing out. Its possible that incubators have cool spots where some eggs may develop more slowly. If you're sure that isnt the case, and that conditions are good and equal- its up to you when you pull the duds.
Ok thank you. Not using an incubator. Just 2 broody mama’s that I decided to allow them to be mama’s since they were very committed to the idea 😆

Do you have other birds as well ? If so they can lay in the nest to and it could be eggs added later
If you do have other birds I would mark the eggs with an x so you know what ones were original
Then take out the extras ever few days
We do. I have moved the 2 broodys to a separate area though so the only eggs with them are those I collected all at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom