Dueling young cockerels! Help?!

The thing is that many Roosters are a handful.
One Rooster too ten or twelve hens is enough.
Roosters love their ladies and you could end up with a dead Rooster.
Separating them only means keeping them separated for ever. You would never be able to let them out or house them again.
Notice in your pictures how alert the Roosters are?
Hope they never get aggressive with you?

Yes, I'm afraid I'm going to have to let two go and if any of the younger ones are boys, I've planned on getting rid of them too. So sad, they are beautiful and such characters. I've already culled a mottled Java and pips brother because they were very aggressive with the girls. I had listed them as free for a few weeks but no one is interested! I don't know much about show birds but the black Japanese seems to be show quality. I'm going to observe and handle the next few days and see who gets to stay I guess. Of course, I do have about 25 hens give or take (half are just younger) so maybe I could keep 2.

Yes, I'm afraid I'm going to have to let two go and if any of the younger ones are boys, I've planned on getting rid of them too. So sad, they are beautiful and such characters. I've already culled a mottled Java and pips brother because they were very aggressive with the girls. I had listed them as free for a few weeks but no one is interested! I don't know much about show birds but the black Japanese seems to be show quality. I'm going to observe and handle the next few days and see who gets to stay I guess. Of course, I do have about 25 hens give or take (half are just younger) so maybe I could keep 2.
You will see on your own...Best advise to give you.
Try your Roosters, only you know them.
Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom