Dumb fox!

a123andpoof

Songster
8 Years
Mar 17, 2011
It has been a few weeks since I have had any problems, but last night a fox came and took one of my girls. While I don't mean to sound heartless it was one of my sex links and I don't really know which one got taken. I was just glad it wasn't one of my two favorites. But anyways this makes 5 that he has gotten since the end of december. Okay so I am thinking thier are a few foxes. We have a guy out her trapping them and he has gotten 1 after that I haven't seen them for a while, so I started letting my gaurd down. But if the go out today I will either (a) out with them, or (b) if my dads home have a gun ready. It's just annoying it keeps getting our best layers. Just needed to vent a bit.

If you shut the coop or run up at night to where the chickens can not get out or the fox can not get in then you won't loose any more chickens at night. But the fox may still come during the day so you will have to figure out a way to deal with that until you get them all trapped.

Sounds like this is a repeating problem. Wouldn't just be simpler to beef up your security for your chickens and be done with the problem?

Back
Top Bottom