Dumb Question, Does anybody elses Bobwhites giggle ?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by stormylady, Jun 11, 2009.

1. stormylady

stormylady Songster

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Ive noticed that when I give my Bobwhite quails treats that they really enjoy, the whole time there eating it it sounds like they are giggling! Its so funny to hear, almost like someone humming while there eating a delicious dinner. Are mine just oddballs or do quail do that alot?

2. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Crowing

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    [​IMG]

3. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    have you ever heard a chicken roo when he finds something delicious and calls the gals over with his "cluck! cluck! cluck cluck" in very rapid ergency?

well i've never heard htis giggling you speak of with bobwhites but that's only because ive been around them only minimally. However, coturnix roos do the a very simliar thing it's hard to explain the noise but i hope to record it some day as it's quite cute! LOL!

so my guess is its the roos saying "this is delish AND I FOUND IT FOR YOU LOVE ME FOR I AM WONDER MAN!" LOL!

4. stormylady

stormylady Songster

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Quote:I think that sounds about right, Ive only got 3 quail and all three of them are eating and giggling at the same time! It is soooooo cute your right! I love hearing them be happy.

5. kingmt

kingmt Songster

May 1, 2009
    Mason WV
    Quote:[​IMG]

6. JJMR794

JJMR794 Crowing

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    THEY DO GIGLE OR AS SOME OLD CHICKEN FOLK CALL IT "CHUFFLE" IT IS AS NIKI SUGGESTED A VERBAL COMMUNICATION FROM ROO TO HEN. THEY MAKE MANY OTHER WEIRD BUT CUTE NOISES TOO.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: