Dumb Question, Does anybody elses Bobwhites giggle ?

stormylady

Songster
11 Years
Dec 27, 2008
Illinois
Ive noticed that when I give my Bobwhite quails treats that they really enjoy, the whole time there eating it it sounds like they are giggling! Its so funny to hear, almost like someone humming while there eating a delicious dinner. Are mine just oddballs or do quail do that alot?

pop.gif

have you ever heard a chicken roo when he finds something delicious and calls the gals over with his "cluck! cluck! cluck cluck" in very rapid ergency?

well i've never heard htis giggling you speak of with bobwhites but that's only because ive been around them only minimally. However, coturnix roos do the a very simliar thing it's hard to explain the noise but i hope to record it some day as it's quite cute! LOL!

so my guess is its the roos saying "this is delish AND I FOUND IT FOR YOU LOVE ME FOR I AM WONDER MAN!" LOL!

Quote:
I think that sounds about right, Ive only got 3 quail and all three of them are eating and giggling at the same time! It is soooooo cute your right! I love hearing them be happy.

THEY DO GIGLE OR AS SOME OLD CHICKEN FOLK CALL IT "CHUFFLE" IT IS AS NIKI SUGGESTED A VERBAL COMMUNICATION FROM ROO TO HEN. THEY MAKE MANY OTHER WEIRD BUT CUTE NOISES TOO.

Back
Top Bottom