"You have a rooster, right? How else would they be laying eggs?"
'No...I don't.'
"But then how do you get eggs?"
'Do you need a boyfriend to get your period?'
"Ew, eggs are chicken periods?"
'Jesus....no. Not really. Different concept, same idea.'
"Um, what??? All I understood was that I'm not gonna buy your eggs."
:rolleyes:

Regarding green eggs, one of my ducks had been laying green eggs occasionally. I told the 5 year old I took care of that Nettle made a green egg and asked if she wanted me to make it for her breakfast, and read her Green Eggs and Ham while she ate it. The smarty pants replied, "But Nanny, it's only green on the outside."

Apparently I've done too well teaching her about avian anatomy, she knows all kinds of stuff.

Meanwhile her mother once said to me, "I know all eggs start out as brown and that the stores just bleach them white."
I'd never buy bleached eggs! That's just utterly rediculous!! XD:lau😳

GOSH! Handsome roo!
I adore brahmas. I only had one pullet and she died young due to a mouth deformity. I had really wanted more than the one. I may order some in the future. But I don't really like very many chicken breeds tbh.
I love brahmas to. Currently I have two buff Brahma hens, a black and white Brahma hen, a couple buff Brahma chicks, and Brahma easter egger chicks.

What is the dumbest thing somebody has said to you regarding chickens?

My friend:
'I have no idea what my cockerel is doing. He keeps trying to get on the hens backs so I chase him away' 😂 🤷‍♂️

I've probably got other stories but I'm interested to hear your ones lol!:pop
my mother posted a picture of my brooder on her instagram and someone commented that it was animal abuse to have chicks in “such a small space” 😳 was very clear to me they had never raised chickens before haha

"You have a rooster, right? How else would they be laying eggs?"
'No...I don't.'
"But then how do you get eggs?"
'Do you need a boyfriend to get your period?'
"Ew, eggs are chicken periods?"
'Jesus....no. Not really. Different concept, same idea.'
"Um, what??? All I understood was that I'm not gonna buy your eggs."
:rolleyes:
This is the conversation I have most frequently. It's embarrassing to have to explain things to an adult. And I'm Southern so I always refer to the rooster activity as "dating" 😂

Back
Top Bottom