Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

On the therapy dog note: I recently had one friend get his dog certified as an emotional support dog for the sole reason of being able to have him in pet free housing. Another friend was talking about doing the same with her cat for the same reason. They are friend and I love them but I wish they and others would stop abusing systems meant to help people.

We just won't pass that info on. They don't need any encouragement.

~~I wish people would think more before making those kind of decisions.~~

Oh, they *have* thought. That's the problem. They've thought of a way to beat the system. Hoping they'll eventually see the error of their ways is futile. This is who they really are.

Last edited:
People abuse the systems all the time and it def upsets me. Fake service dogs are actually a huuuugeeee issue. And tbh those people must be pretty stupid because actually, in the United States there are no service dog certifications or requirements and you can even buy a vest online. But technically, you don't need a vest. But it's a huge problem because plenty of people actually DO take their dogs and animals into places they are not allowed and claim it is a "service dog." As you can imagine, this is quite dangerous and makes it hard for people who actually need their service animal. Dangerous because many of these dogs are untrained pets. There have even been cases where fake service dogs, or sometimes even loose/off leash dogs outside, have attacked legitimate service dogs. As you can imagine, this is not only traumatic but can literally put them in danger. If they have a physical disorder, they could fall ocer, have a seizure when the alert dogs distracted, etc. Etc. (Also a reason why many say no petting), but also danger or isolated because often the dog gets injured or gets traumatized mentally and then he is unable to work, and thus the person is unable to go out/live, while he either recovers and goes through retraining (could take weeks, months, even a year plus depending on dog), OR, sometimes the dog is so damaged and ruined that he simply cannot work again and must be retired. In that case the owner must find and train a new dog. As you can imagine, this is highly devastating. And another reason why it really upsets me when people fake service dogs. They think it's so harmless and it's not. Maybe your dog is trained but not all are. And that's another thing, businesses see these untrained dogs, think they're service dogs, and decide not to allow service dogs in. And another issue is they think service dogs and fake teams are untouchable and they can't do anything about the situation. Obviously don't invade their privacy or be rude or anything but technically, legally, under the ADA, you are allowed to ask two questions and two questions only. Those questions are: Is this animal a service dog/animal? And if yes, what tasks does it perform? Legally, they have to be able to do 3 tasks to be considered an SD. Otherwise it's just an emotional support animal which do NOT have access rights but do get into pet free housing and can fly. The tasks can be something obvious like picking something up or opening a door etc. Or less obvious like deep pressure therapy to calm an anxiety attack, standing behind someone and looking out while they shop (i think it helps with PTSD and paranoia but I'm not sure), alerting to seizures, standing as a brace/balance for the person, etc. Etc., there are tons of different tasks but it has to be able to do 3 tasks. And you're not allowed to ask for ID because like I said, this country doesn't have regulations so you don't HAVE to have an ID or vest, and you can owner train too. You are ALSO allowed to ask them to leave if they're disruptive. Many businesses think they can't but you can. HOWEVER, obviously you cant just do it cause you hate dogs and deny a legit team, but what I mean, is that if there is a dog barking or disturbing people (unless the barkins part of the task), or say a fake SD, attacks someone, you CAN and probably SHOULD ask them to leave, whether its a legit team with a disruptive dog/having a bad day or am untrained pet. This is important to note because businesses often feel like they have no power but if you have a suspicion it is a fake SD, you can ask questions, and you CAN ask disruptive dogs to leave. Now obviously they may say that it is a SD when it's not but you can then either ask what tasks it performs or wait until it's disruptive and leave. Obviously you can't catch every single fake SD but I think that knowing you have at least some power might help. So many know nothing about this.

I personally don't have an SD and am not disabled or anything like that but I used to be on dog blogs, knew people who were, have read online, watched videos, etc etc so I've gathered a lot of info haha

It's a huge epidemic.

And sorry for the wall of text

Well I loved the hatching eggs post and the other chicken posts.

Now I don't want to start anything up again but I will say that I was very disturbed by the other conversation on here about dinosaurs and evolution and Christianity. Mostly I was upset by the rude comments. No this isn't the right thread for that discussion however we can all be adults and treat each other with respect no matter what our views are. Come on guys! Do we want this thread closed down?! Then let's knock it off and remember to be polite and kind no matter what. Agree to disagree and if there isn't anything you can say that isn't inflammatory then don't say anything. Better yet get back on topic and remember that we are part of a community, a family.

Now for a story. We were at a wedding weekend before last talking with family about the chickens. Everyone was engaged in the discussion of our recent foray into processing our own birds many of the family seemed interested. We asked a cousin that seemed interested if he would like to come learn. His face went white as a sheet and he sputtered out. No no no. Lol I began to laugh because he was so disturbed by the idea. This big "manly man". Lol but it becoma even more hysterical when his sister turned to me and said Heck Yes!! Lol she's 5' maybe 5' 1" and has a little girl. She knows the value of feeding her family. Lol.

Well I loved the hatching eggs post and the other chicken posts.

Now I don't want to start anything up again but I will say that I was very disturbed by the other conversation on here about dinosaurs and evolution and Christianity. Mostly I was upset by the rude comments. No this isn't the right thread for that discussion however we can all be adults and treat each other with respect no matter what our views are. Come on guys! Do we want this thread closed down?! Then let's knock it off and remember to be polite and kind no matter what. Agree to disagree and if there isn't anything you can say that isn't inflammatory then don't say anything. Better yet get back on topic and remember that we are part of a community, a family.

Now for a story. We were at a wedding weekend before last talking with family about the chickens. Everyone was engaged in the discussion of our recent foray into processing our own birds many of the family seemed interested. We asked a cousin that seemed interested if he would like to come learn. His face went white as a sheet and he sputtered out. No no no. Lol I began to laugh because he was so disturbed by the idea. This big "manly man". Lol but it becoma even more hysterical when his sister turned to me and said Heck Yes!! Lol she's 5' maybe 5' 1" and has a little girl. She knows the value of feeding her family. Lol.
Sounds about right! I'm butchering two cockerels tomorrow, and both of my parents are very freaked out by the idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds about right! I'm butchering two cockerels tomorrow, and both of my parents are very freaked out by the idea.

Also good for you I don't think I could have done it back then. I'm 25 and I admit my DH2B actually did the deed I just helped/did everything after that.

How do you plan on killing them?

Edited by Staff

I plan on using the broomstick method, like when I put down my sick, blind easter egger. It is the quickest way I can think of. I had my first four chickens when I was living in a city, and they lasted about a year. When I moved to a rural area a bit over a year ago, my obsession took off when we inherited 14 chickens with the house.

On the therapy dog note: I recently had one friend get his dog certified as an emotional support dog for the sole reason of being able to have him in pet free housing. Another friend was talking about doing the same with her cat for the same reason. They are friend and I love them but I wish they and others would stop abusing systems meant to help people.
Yeah, I do have a regular client who I kinda think the dog isn't a full fledged service dog. Mostly she uses the dog for balance and support as she does have some issues with that. She's pretty well trained and all. We've just figured out that Katie(the dog) can't be in the room with us or else she'll be underfoot and trying to give me big wet sloppy sheepdog kisses. Not that I mind them, but they're kinda distracting when I'm trying to work on massaging her mom's neck. So she just has a friend come in with her and they wait out in the waiting room where Katie will usually just nap and wait for her treat.

Back
Top Bottom