Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Science and religion have not always clashed. The fathers of science were religious men. And there is plenty of science to back of "intelligent design". Look up the Reman Hypothesis and the golden ratio. There are a lot of holes in the evolutionary theory. I personally think both are true. Why wouldn't God be smart enough to create creatures with the ability to adapt and change over time?

I don't majorly disagree. If I were one to follow the religion that is probably what I would probably think.
However most religious men who started practicing a form of science were either pushed out of the church or found that the church held too many disproven concepts for them to remain believers.
What holes do you speak of in evolution? Most religious people who follow both faith and science find a middle ground.

Very true!! And it seems like it's almost a given that politics will be brought up at all thanksgivings/family dinners and hurt feelings
tongue.png

I am dreading the holidays. My family tends to lecture each other, even when they are agreeing. Basically it is just everyone loudly agreeing about something and getting riled up at the thought that someone else could disagree. I just sit quietly on the couch thinking in my head how bad it would be if I voiced my opposing opinion. I am literally the person that they mutually hate, I suppose I am lucky that I enjoy keeping things to myself (in face to face situations).

I am dreading the holidays. My family tends to lecture each other, even when they are agreeing. Basically it is just everyone loudly agreeing about something and getting riled up at the thought that someone else could disagree. I just sit quietly on the couch thinking in my head how bad it would be if I voiced my opposing opinion.  I am literally the person that they mutually hate, I suppose I am lucky that I enjoy keeping things to myself (in face to face situations).

Wow that sounds awful! I can't imagine about arguing LOL and oh boy
1f602.png

Wow that sounds awful! I can't imagine about arguing LOL and oh boy
1f602.png

Family is just one of those things. I don't think it's awful... just a bit of a headache at times haha. We only see one another on holidays though, usually everyone settles down and we chat about our plans and what we've done recently. I got them into chickens, sometimes they ask me about advice or if I am selling any chicks soon.

Family is just one of those things. I don't think it's awful... just a bit of a headache at times haha. We only see one another on holidays though, usually everyone settles down and we chat about our plans and what we've done recently.  I got them into chickens, sometimes they ask me about advice or if I am selling any chicks soon.

Ohhh okay, that makes sense. Eventually you can steer to a different topic hopefully quickly lol some people are so quick to anger though or think they're right lol

Ohhh okay, that makes sense. Eventually you can steer to a different topic hopefully quickly lol some people are so quick to anger though or think they're right lol

Oh man, the can of worms that can be opened durring the holidays, especialy this year with the election. If the people my dad is voting for dont win we will all hear about it. He seems to hold everyone else personally resposible for the out come of elections. He would choke if he knew i dont always agree with him. As his daughter he feels that i should always agree with him because he is my parrent. He has a hard time with the fact that im grown, moved out, married and have a baby. I think those are valid reasons why i dont have to listen to him anymore. Lol oh well. At least im not the only one who rolls my eyes when he goes off on a rant

I'd just like to applaud the participants of this thread and the authors of the last several posts, at least: I started to read them last night and returned as soon as I could today; I am in nerd heaven.

Well played; and THANK YOU!

:)

Long, slow clap.

Last edited:
Very true!! And it seems like it's almost a given that politics will be brought up at all thanksgivings/family dinners and hurt feelings
tongue.png

Originally Posted by penny1960

why is as adults we will still do that
he.gif

Unfortunately, most people make decisions about both topics using emotion. Consequently, both issues are very emotionally charged. That's why, last week, I tried to nip such a discussion in the bud, but failed abysmally. I let my OWN emotions get in the way (I was having a bad day). D'uh. It's also why, long ago, it was deemed in bad taste to discuss money, politics, or religion in public. It's bound to end badly and, in polite company, one never does or says anything that makes others feel uncomfortable. How I miss those days.
However, the discussion ya'll have been having has been about the act of having the discussions, and not your personal beliefs on the topics. So, it's been civil and intelligent discourse. Typically, people think they can present a valid argument(s), either validating their own beliefs when others agree or changing others to their point of view. Hahahahahahaha. Not happening. Even the television debates don't generally accomplish that.
I remember many such holiday meals ... specifically one in 1976 when my brother's MIL asked my very intolerant ex-husband if his candidate won in the recent election. Ooooooo. Ugly.
D.gif

My husband and I were discussing this on the phone. Neither of us have processed a chicken. In fact, when I was young, he had to teach me how to cut up a whole chicken. (I still buy them cut up if possible.) How long would you guys say it takes to process a chicken? What is done with the feathers and other left overs afterwards?

I have found the best thing to do with otherwise-unusable stuff that can't be composted (for sanitary or scavenger-attracting reasons) is to dig a hole, put it in the hole, and plant a tree or shrub above it.

Requires some forethought (but we live outside of trash collection, so *all* our waste disposal requires at least enough thought to decide whether it's worth the trouble required to get it into a landfill...how is that for backwards?)

Back
Top Bottom