Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

See, we got a crow family that makes a nest in the neighbor's backyard every year. The thing about crows is, they are frighteningly smart. And they remember if a person does something good or bad for a crow, and they pass that info on to other crows....

Well first year we moved in, I rescued one of the fledgling babies from a lawn mower and set her under our little wild rose bush were she would be safe. Mom and dad were watching the whole time squawking up a storm, so I made sure to leave some food out as a peace offering so they would know I wasn't trying to steal or harm their baby. She got much better at flying by the next day and was hoping around just fine with her fam a couple weeks later, looking like an ungainly little goth teenager lol. Since then I've left occasional food out for them and i will greet and talk to them if they're hanging around. How much a crow can understand of that I have no way to measure, but they're at least parrot smart, and they have definitely figured out that I'm one of the nice people.

They repay me by guarding the flock. Last year I transferred the chicks outside at about 4 weeks, tired of the mess and noise in the house already after they out grew their brooder. Didn't even think about the possibility of the crows being a problem. Lo and behold, they started watching after the little chicks, would give them alarm calls if they saw a cat or a dog near by, and the one time a hark showed up they mobbed it non-stop for a week before it gave up and left. I haven't had to worry about aerial predators since. A little kindness and some bribery recruited me a pretty awesome protection detail lol.

Wow, that's awesome!! I need me some friendly crows.
lol.png

Raw honey is just honey that hasn't been filtered that's raw honey it still has partials of pollin in it nothing to worry about I have had it for years and I don't get colds or flu as bad more dobi suffer with allergies as others do

Wow that's great! I need to find some then lol

Honey was found in the pyramids in Egypt still good after 2000 years the low moisture content (usually less than3%) stops and kicks any and all bacteria and to keep honey cold is not good but to liquefy it just put it in a pan of warm wAter or you can put it in the microwave on defrost until it melts no problem but they used honey to dress wounds during WWI it would kill any bacteria in the wound. It's one of the most important items for your home cubboard for the properties are like no other. It will also help cure sore throats because of it drawing moisture to the soreness also as a facelift because of the same properties.

Wow really!?

See, we got a crow family that makes a nest in the neighbor's backyard every year.  The thing about crows is, they are frighteningly smart. And they remember if a person does something good or bad for a crow, and they pass that info on to other crows....

Well first year we moved in, I rescued one of the fledgling babies from a lawn mower and set her under our little wild rose bush were she would be safe.  Mom and dad were watching the whole time squawking up a storm, so I made sure to leave some food out as a peace offering so they would know I wasn't trying to steal or harm their baby.  She got much better at flying by the next day and was hoping around just fine with her fam a couple weeks later, looking like an ungainly little goth teenager lol.  Since then I've left occasional food out for them and i will greet and talk to them if they're hanging around.  How much a crow can understand of that I have no way to measure, but they're at least parrot smart, and they have definitely figured out that I'm one of the nice people.

They repay me by guarding the flock.  Last year I transferred the chicks outside at about 4 weeks, tired of the mess and noise in the house already after they out grew their brooder.  Didn't even think about the possibility of the crows being a problem.  Lo and behold, they started watching after the little chicks, would give them alarm calls if they saw a cat or a dog near by, and the one time a hark showed up they mobbed it non-stop for a week before it gave up and left.  I haven't had to worry about aerial predators since.  A little kindness and some bribery recruited me a pretty awesome protection detail lol.

Wow, that's awesome!! I need me some friendly crows. :lol:

Agreed lol

I see crows around here but they never seem to land or be particularly interested in me haha

Well, you can feed them, but be warned that it can attract more than just crows and if you create a steady food supply, much like a song bird feeder, you have to keep it reliably stocked, especially during winter. They'll come to rely on you as a food source, and if you stop they can starve.

Well, I prefer cooked. :lol:

We drink our milk as fresh as it gets. When I milk the cow, sometimes I'll squirt it straight into my mouth...it's delicious! The best chocolate milk you'll ever have is when you get a cup, put chocolate milk powder in it and then milk her into the cup. You'll never have any better. :drool

Yeah! When he was younger, some friends saw him on our road with an injured wing, caught him and gave him to me. I don't think his wing will ever heal, so he's here to stay. There's a pic of him on my profile if you want to see what he looks like. :)

When I was young, we were weaning a foal and had the brood mare up on a mountain trip with us. To ease weaning pain for mama, we made horse milk hot cocoa. Horse milk is surprisingly sweet and very delicious fresh.

Last edited:
Well, you can feed them, but be warned that it can attract more than just crows and if you create a steady food supply, much like a song bird feeder, you have to keep it reliably stocked, especially during winter.  They'll come to rely on you as a food source, and if you stop they can starve.

I just recently started feeding the song birds so no problem there :)

Although are crows loud?

When I was young, we were weaning a foal and had the brood mare up on a mountain trip with us. To ease weaning pain for mama, we made horse milk hot cocoa. Horse milk is surprisingly sweet and very delicious fresh.

I've milked a horse for pretty much the same reason but never thought of drinking it.

Back
Top Bottom