Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

I find it so hard to believe that any old enough to use commas in a sentence would think that chicks nurse.

You and me both... :highfive:

Apparently he assumed all birds were like ducks when it came to mating.

At least he knows that... I run across many chicken people who go "Drakes have WHAT?!?!?!?" :eek: :lau

We think the idea might have originated in all this talk around the forums and elsewhere of "chicken nipples"... Which of course are waterers, but for a green chicken keeper can cause some confusion I suppose :confused:

You're so nice, sumi... :hugs

I'm currently reading posts from 2 years ago on this thread. Funny stuff! The one that I can relate to though it's embarrassing- I had a garden once, grew a whole bunch of great veggies. Then was washing a head of broccoli in the kitchen sink and about 10 million earwigs came crawling out. I will grow things like tomatoes and peppers but I just get skeeved out at the thought of broccoli with all those bugs. It's been 15 years or so and it still bugs me!

I'm currently reading posts from 2 years ago on this thread. Funny stuff! The one that I can relate to though it's embarrassing- I had a garden once, grew a whole bunch of great veggies. Then was washing a head of broccoli in the kitchen sink and about 10 million earwigs came crawling out. I will grow things like tomatoes and peppers but I just get skeeved out at the thought of broccoli with all those bugs. It's been 15 years or so and it still bugs me!

A few years ago we started to make the switch to local, organic food wherever possible. The hardest part for me was the slugs in the cauliflower. Every week I wanted to scream & throw them out, but I took deep breaths, plucked all the slugs out, fed them to the birds, then cooked up the cauliflower. I was pretending to be very adult about the whole thing, but really the little girl inside of me was repeating a parody of Dr. Seuss over & over in my head...

"I said I do not fear this food with big, fat bugs inside them... I said & said & said those words... I said them, but I lied them!"

Back
Top Bottom