Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Wouldn't eggs have to be incubated to be considered meat?
Eggs aren't chickens..
Do vegetarians drink milk?
Vegetarian eat /drink dairy and eggs because the animal isn't killed to get it. Vegans don't touch anything from an animal... at least that's how it was explained to me... that's fine put me a big ol steak on the grill... med rare!! Lol

I read the last thread and it talked about how bad the soil is in some of America, and how cold it got! The coldest I can remember here in Toowoomba ( Qld Australia) it was around 10 degrees Celsius, and sometimes I put cupcake batter in trays at the front of my car, and theyre baked by the time I get back! And the red soils so good that some tomatoes and strawberries I planted here years ago are now so prolific that we have to pull them out like weeds! It's funny how different other places in the world are!!

Oh and I wash my eggs.... :oops:s why does it say not to?

I only really do it if they have a lot of poop on them though or if we're giving them away. And I do a quick rinse and wipe with a paper towel and another quick rinse.

I heard that the water has to be hotter than the egg so that the inside expands and doesn't allow room for germs to get in? And tbat colder than the egg will cause it to contract which allows germs through the membrane. So I only wash in warm or hot water.

But I never heard of not washing at all?

I don't douse them under the faucet though, just a quick rinse and wipe with wet paper towel, one more quick rinse to get any remnants off

The bloom is what protects the egg from salmonella and other contaminants, we never wash the egg until we're ready to use it, and eggs in the store have all been washed and are open to any contaminants, IMO the reason for the rise in salmonella cases. I always wash my hands after touching my birds, just as a habit, but controversely I kiss my turkeys and fledgeling chicks on the head, but don't go wash my lips, so... crazy??

The bloom is what protects the egg from salmonella and other contaminants, we never wash the egg until we're ready to use it, and eggs in the store have all been washed and are open to any contaminants, IMO the reason for the rise in salmonella cases. I always wash my hands after touching my birds, just as a habit, but controversely I kiss my turkeys and fledgeling chicks on the head, but don't go wash my lips, so... crazy??

Tbh I never thought of washing the eggs right before we use them instead
Great idea!

We do the same... and leave our eggs on the counter, we don't refrigerate them...

I was watching a cooking show with the french chef Jacques Pepin. He was using eggs in a recipe and being from France he is also used to unwashed unrefrigerated eggs. He said always crack the egg on a flat surface such as a countertop rather than on the edge of a bowl or glass like many of us are used to. Then pull the egg apart rather than dig into it to pull it apart. In this manner you are less likely to introduce surface contaminants into the egg contents. How effective it is, I don't know, but it makes sense.

I was watching a cooking show with the french chef Jacques Pepin. He was using eggs in a recipe and being from France he is also used to unwashed unrefrigerated eggs. He said always crack the egg on a flat surface such as a countertop rather than on the edge of a bowl or glass like many of us are used to. Then pull the egg apart rather than dig into it to pull it apart. In this manner you are less likely to introduce surface contaminants into the egg contents. How effective it is, I don't know, but it makes sense.

That's interesting!

Back
Top Bottom