Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they are sympathy "pains" that they are having for your sore finger. My son did that to one of his fingers (with hammer) this summer and I don't know if he got some extra sympathy from his friends when school started because there is still a black spot at his nail.
wink.png

CG
Haha, I guess I'm so used to accidentally hurting myself, that I didn't think much of it
roll.png
I'm not the most graceful person.

Salt,
This one is also not at all related to chickens, but very funny nonetheless.
I was a single mother at the time, and lived in an older house with many half functioning appliances. My neighbors husband would often help me out if I needed "a man to lend a hand" and I would repay the favor with watching their kids so they could go out for dinner.
Well, my sink in bathroom dripped hot water, so I turned it off under sink when not being used. One night after getting washed up for bed, the spout under the sink was turned once too many, and broke spraying HOT water all over my face, neck, and arms. So I ran across the yard to get my neighbor to turn it off. In the dark I tripped over my fire pit, and popped my arm out of socket. So the neighbor turned off hot water at the heater, then took me to ER.
ER doctor asked what happened. After calling social worker, they asked "who is abusing you?" They wanted to take my neighbor in! They were convinced I could NOT have done this to myself...
Oh yes, I AM that clumsy! Hahaha...

Salt,
This one is also not at all related to chickens, but very funny nonetheless.
I was a single mother at the time, and lived in an older house with many half functioning appliances. My neighbors husband would often help me out if I needed "a man to lend a hand" and I would repay the favor with watching their kids so they could go out for dinner.
Well, my sink in bathroom dripped hot water, so I turned it off under sink when not being used. One night after getting washed up for bed, the spout under the sink was turned once too many, and broke spraying HOT water all over my face, neck, and arms. So I ran across the yard to get my neighbor to turn it off. In the dark I tripped over my fire pit, and popped my arm out of socket. So the neighbor turned off hot water at the heater, then took me to ER.
ER doctor asked what happened. After calling social worker, they asked "who is abusing you?" They wanted to take my neighbor in! They were convinced I could NOT have done this to myself...
Oh yes, I AM that clumsy! Hahaha...

I'm clumsy too! Every time I have to go to the ER they interrogate me about abuse. I have scars from running into stuff and cutting myself while working. Last time I had to go, I lost a fight with a paper bag when I was flipping it open. Took the membrane off the entire front of my eye and hurt worse than anything. The ER people thought my DH was abusing me as I has some bruises from running into the door frame. (I do that a lot. Knee doctor finally believed it when I ran into the magazine rack in front of him.) The eye doctor didn't question. He said it's always something odd that does it, though usually it's kids that injure their eyes like that. Only took 6 months to heal, and I lucked out and have almost no distortion.

I feel better now, haha, while I have never broken any bones, I have sooooooooooooooooo many scars! ( no abuse ) most are simply scratches, burns, or scrapes, but I have gotten some deep cuts in my time as well. =)

if you have a marans egg that hits something harder than bedding as its being laid you will see a white mark on it, you have to be basically catching the egg to be able to wipe it off though.

A brown egg is white on the inside. Blue and green eggs are normally blue on the inside. The olive comes from brown over a blue egg.
Actually, hay and straw can leave streaks in a Marans egg when it's laid. Not always, but it does happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom