Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree with importing wildlife and being careless enough to crossbreed it (if it was an accident), but would have rather seen the pups put down? I get what you're saying, it is why I tell people not to 'rescue' from bad pet shops, but  I don't think the poster here really had much to do with the problem, from what we've seen here.
Yes they should of been put down and the police called.

Though I do think these discussions are interesting, I have to agree with Subhanalah. I love to come here and read all the dumb and funny things people say about chickens.
smile.png

I heard the "The blood spot means the egg is fertile" thing again yesterday. I explained in detail what it really is and how to actually tell if an egg is fertile.

My sister visited a couple nights ago. After about 15 minuets, she noticed the chickens were free in the back yard, and yelped "Do you realize I could have gone in there???" (She's terrified of our chickens)

My sister visited a couple nights ago. After about 15 minuets, she noticed the chickens were free in the back yard, and yelped "Do you realize I could have gone in there???" (She's terrified of our chickens)
she would be terrified to walk into my backyard, I'm mobbed at lightning speed when I step outside. One girl runs as fast as her little chicken legs will carry her to come and see if I have some snacks...When I don't she screams at me.

OMG, I was telling a lady at work the other day that I'll be getting chickens this summer and plan to have lots and lots of eggs.  I told her I'd bring some in for her so that she can taste how much better they are.

Know what she said?

Her: "Oh my GAWD, eeeeeewwwwww, I could never eat those eggs!"

Me: "Ummmm, why not?

Her: "Well, BECAUSE, they came out of a chicken's butt!"

Me: "Ummmmm.  Huh?  You eat eggs from the store, right?"

Her: "Well, yeah, of COURSE, but that's different!"

Me: "How is that different?  Those eggs also came out of a chicken."

Her: "But those are all sanitary and come in a box."

Me: "I'll wash my eggs and box them for you too."

Her: "Blech, no way.  I could never eat eggs from your chickens.  That's just gross."

Me: "***?"

[Erica walks away shaking head]

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!

LOL, this is just too much.  No wonder I want to quit my job and become a pioneer woman and never have to leave the house...

My aunt also believes this. She tells me all the time " I get my eggs from the store". Those come from chickens also I say. To which she replied.. " no they don't... They come from the store"!!! Needless to say I laughed till I almost cried.

Orpie, that's good! I wonder if people that believe as your aunt does, think the store also has a garden out back for the produce section and a herd of cows for the meat department?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom