Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so then my next question is how did I get 5 white eggs the first day I thought they only laid 1 a day if there is not much day light in the day

This happened to us the first time too, they laid right after you checked the first time (and saw none) then laid more right before you collected the next time. I dont know if that makes sense, but I hope it helps! :D

This happened to us the first time too, they laid right after you checked the first time (and saw none) then laid more right before you collected the next time. I dont know if that makes sense, but I hope it helps!
big_smile.png

x2 Happened here too, a couple of times.

Edited to add: Think of it like "phone tag." And I have an EE who DID lay two eggs in one day, about 8 or 9 hours apart. No mistake - she laid the first one while I was in the coop cleaning and I swiped it out from under her, still wet with bloom. Then when I went later in day, around supper time, to gather eggs one last time Agatha was on the same nest again. I was just about to shoo her off so I could check for more eggs when she stood up, assumed the position, and laid another one. Both eggs were perfect - first one was 47 grams and the second was 49 grams. Silly chickens!

Last edited:
I had a dingo/husky mix he was a very good companion to me for 10 years his name was Bandit.

You're talking the dingoes that are the aggressive little yellow dog here in the US, right? They are not at all like the Australian dingoes. The US dingoes are a Basque herding dog; and the name is a mispronunciation of a Basque word. They're found all over the western US, wherever sheep were heavily grazed. I think they've moved on to being pets as the working sheepherders seem to prefer Border Collies and Australian cattle dogs.

I think they only thing they have in common is that they both have the general appearance of a pariah dog.

Does anybody have a good link to an article about how its ok to leave your fresh eggs out on the counter, especially if they're unfertilized and haven't been washed?? Mom thinks they have to go in the fridge right away.

Someone told me I have to have a rooster in order to get eggs. When I explained you didn't, they changed it to, "the eggs just wont be as good when you eat them then."

You're talking the dingoes that are the aggressive little yellow dog here in the US, right? They are not at all like the Australian dingoes. The US dingoes are a Basque herding dog; and the name is a mispronunciation of a Basque word. They're found all over the western US, wherever sheep were heavily grazed. I think they've moved on to being pets as the working sheepherders seem to prefer Border Collies and Australian cattle dogs.

I think they only thing they have in common is that they both have the general appearance of a pariah dog.

No im talking about the medium sized brownish tan dingos from the outback, my friend moved to AZ from Australia and brought dingo pups with him as pets and the female got stuck by a husky on accident and thats were I got mine from.

Someone told me I have to have a rooster in order to get eggs. When I explained you didn't, they changed it to, "the eggs just wont be as good when you eat them then."

Gotta love people who change their story mid-stream just so they don't have to admit, to you OR themselves, that they may have been wrong.

No im talking about the medium sized brownish tan dingos from the outback, my friend moved to AZ from Australia and brought dingo pups with him as pets and the female got stuck by a husky on accident and thats were I got mine from.
Whoa! I wonder how they managed it, Australia banned pet exports like that and it is super difficult to get US federal wildlife imports for private ownership. I've heard it s even hard for US zoos to get approved for Australian species like that now.

Last edited:
Whoa! I wonder how they managed it, Australia banned pet exports like that long, long ago and it is super difficult to get  US federal wildlife imports for private ownership.

He owns a import/export buisness that deals with government and state facilities on transporting rare and exotic animal species. I wont mention his buisness name for privacy issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom