Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder, does she throw out firm cheeses with mold on them? since it is common logic that firm or simi-firm cheese are okay if you cut off the mold.....

I dont think she eats those kind of cheeses.

But my aunt is happy, so she can keep the blue ones because she "knows" they taste better and are healthier than the white or brown ones.
hide.gif
. I'm tired of telling her they are the same.
idunno.gif

So I live in Puerto Rico and one time when I went shopping with my future mother-in-law and bought eggs at the store
and sense they were brown eggs her response was "oh those are Puerto Rican eggs". In my mind I'm just like what?
That is just like saying white eggs are American eggs and dark brown eggs are African eggs. haha

LOL....I get why she told you that. The eggs factories here produce brown eggs. I dont know a single puertorrican factory of eggs that works the white eggs. The only white eggs we get at the store come from USA or our own back yards from chickens we get from USA Hatcheries. The white egg chickens (like leghorns) are rare here. In one agro center I was told they needed someone to hatch and sell them white eggs layers. They have the market and they dont find the provider. I hope to fill that gap soon.
jumpy.gif

The blue or green ones are ever rarer. the first time I saw one of those eggs in person was when my hens started laying.

LOL....I get why she told you that. The eggs factories here produce brown eggs. I dont know a single puertorrican factory of eggs that works the white eggs. The only white eggs we get at the store come from USA or our own back yards from chickens we get from USA Hatcheries. The white egg chickens (like leghorns) are rare here. In one agro center I was told they needed someone to hatch and sell them white eggs layers. They have the market and they dont find the provider. I hope to fill that gap soon.
jumpy.gif

The blue or green ones are ever rarer. the first time I saw one of those eggs in person was when my hens started laying.
thanks for clarifying that
smile.png
. when i finally get my EE's i wonder what she'll think about the green and blue ones. hehe

The other day in a city near my town I watched on the news about the city passing a ordnance o.k. to have hens,and then a week later the city decided in ban chickens.The news crew went out in interview people in the streets and one guy was asked whats wrong with having chickens and he said you cant have eggs without a rooster and the news man agreed with him.I looked at my wife and said are you kidding me.. Some people have no idea.

What is wrong with people!

thanks for clarifying that
smile.png
. when i finally get my EE's i wonder what she'll think about the green and blue ones. hehe

She will think they are rotten or that you hand painted them as a joke.....LOL....that happens to me all the time
gig.gif
. I took some eggs to show them to some of my students. They were amazed and just wanted to crack them open to be sure I was not joking with them. I told them I could open one of the easter eggers but there was no way I was going to waste a black coppers marans one just so they believe me.

I' dont think polite is the adjective for this situation but thanks for being polite with me....lol.
frow.gif
When I am taken off guard I am not able to find something smart to answer ....but later I start to think all the great things I could have used. But it's too late.
LOL that is me to the "T" great come backs, but always a little late LOL!!!!

She will think they are rotten or that you hand painted them as a joke.....LOL....that happens to me all the time
gig.gif
. I took some eggs to show them to some of my students. They were amazed and just wanted to crack them open to be sure I was not joking with them. I told them I could open one of the easter eggers but there was no way I was going to waste a black coppers marans one just so they believe me.

lol probably or she'll refuse to eat them as well she can be stubborn like that.*rolls eyes*

At Christmas time my mother in law told me to give the eggs to my sister in law because her and dad couldnt eat them becuase she can't have eggs. "they are high in colesterol" I laughed outloud so bad I felt bad. I have still yet to send her the coleterol compairison charts on free range eggs vs caged grocerie eggs and on the amount of coesterol in all the cream icecream fats and goodies they make and eat.

I have heard the following: "brown eggs are different" "I/my kids won't eat brown eggs" "I only buy eggs from the store, I can't fathom the thought of eating fresh eggs" I have one co-worker who WILL NOT get eggs from me for that very reason! My hubby used to think brown eggs are different, he knows better now! The majority of my girls are brown egg layers on purpose! LOL

I only rinse my eggs with luke warm water because I think that "washing" them is not necessary, the large production egg facilities put the eggs through a "washer" and sanitizing solution before they package them, but then again when you have eggs coming from chickens crammed in a small square wire crate and can't even move around, then you have to remember there is the chance there is a dead chicken in there with them, rotting, that no one notices and the eggs roll over this carcass on the way to the chute for collection, "washing" and packaging, I guess they need to sanitize the eggs! I think that the chemicals or soaps they use seep into the eggs, no wonder people have so many health issues these days!

I tell people that store bought eggs come from places like that who don't care about the birds, they don't even notice if they die in the cage, but certain people just don't think much of it.

I have heard the following: "brown eggs are different" "I/my kids won't eat brown eggs" "I only buy eggs from the store, I can't fathom the thought of eating fresh eggs" I have one co-worker who WILL NOT get eggs from me for that very reason! My hubby used to think brown eggs are different, he knows better now! The majority of my girls are brown egg layers on purpose! LOL

I only rinse my eggs with luke warm water because I think that "washing" them is not necessary, the large production egg facilities put the eggs through a "washer" and sanitizing solution before they package them, but then again when you have eggs coming from chickens crammed in a small square wire crate and can't even move around, then you have to remember there is the chance there is a dead chicken in there with them, rotting, that no one notices and the eggs roll over this carcass on the way to the chute for collection, "washing" and packaging, I guess they need to sanitize the eggs! I think that the chemicals or soaps they use seep into the eggs, no wonder people have so many health issues these days!

I tell people that store bought eggs come from places like that who don't care about the birds, they don't even notice if they die in the cage, but certain people just don't think much of it.
i have one co-worker who will ONLY get white eggs from me because "my kids won't eat brown eggs" ! People are strange!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom