Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish more people would watch things like "food inc.", there are so many horror stories about the food we eat. I am from a little different background, we butchered a lot of our own meat, grew and canned a lot of our own veggies. I hated that work as a kid, but now that im older, and learning how the major corperations are doing it; im reverting back.  my wife and I went "nearly amish" for about 7 years. no cable, no phone, no internet. we did have electricity but tried not to use it.  this brought our family closer, and makes us realize how hypnotized or brainwashed most of America is because of T.V. and internet.

I better stop here before I write a book on America's problems LOL.

Seven years!?!?! I couldn't do it unless I was forced. But I am perfectly capable of doing it if I have to. I didn't do much of the physical work growing up, me being on the smaller side. But there was plenty of growing, canning, and butchering going on. All of the farms are gone here now, though. I didn't realize just how much different it was for my kids until I put the garden in a few years back and my oldest boy discovered he's only allergic to canned green beans. A shame, but we are working on it!

most of the large farms here are gone too. everyone has went to hybrid corn and beans and pretty well forgot about animals. I have found a huge market locally for my chickens though, and I get a lot of people asking me about feeder pigs. so I guess there is hope. It does remind me of a woman who called my dad one time and wanted her whole pig cut into tenderloin. if dad could have figured out how to do that we could have been rich LOL.
I get people who call and ask if they can bring their kids to our farm, kids are so amazed by the different colorations and sizes and even shapes of our chickens. if the parents have chickens or are buying chicks, I almost always send a couple with the kids. its always a feather legged bantam breed, and its their own chickens. I'll see these kids later at a show, swap or even the grocery store and they will walk up to me and talk about their birds. it makes me happy to see that they stayed interested.

most of the large farms here are gone too. everyone has went to hybrid corn and beans and pretty well forgot about animals.  I have found a huge market locally for my chickens though, and I get a lot of people asking me about feeder pigs. so I guess there is hope. It does remind me of a woman who called my dad one time and wanted her whole pig cut into tenderloin. if dad could have figured out how to do that we could have been rich LOL.
I get people who call and ask if they can bring their kids to our farm, kids are so amazed by the different colorations and sizes and even shapes of our chickens. if the parents have chickens or are buying chicks, I almost always send a couple with the kids. its always a feather legged bantam breed, and its their own chickens.  I'll see these kids later at a show, swap or even the grocery store and they will walk up to me and talk about their birds. it makes me happy to see that they stayed interested.

That is seriously cool.

Okay sorry if this offends but this one is so funny I had to share. When I boarded my horse a years ago a friend of mine who also owns a horse mind you said the craziest thing and to this day I still laugh( maybe she was confused because she has a gelding? ) anyways I was washing my mare and my friend Annette was talking to me in the wash rack and says " ahh flirt has lil boobies" Me:" um yeah she is a mare she has them?" Annette" oh, I didn't think horses get them unless they had a baby". Me: mouth agape" uh , umm didn't you get boobies before you had kids?" Lol after she replied I tried to be a good supportive friend and not bust out in a laughing fit. Lol

I love to see kids getting into chickens. the way I see it, that is some time they wont be playing video games or spending time on facebook.

I look at my own kids, and others of their generation and shake my head a lot of the time. they don't hesitate to ask for money, the moral decay of society has really kicked in, and it seems like most of them here want something for nothing. when I was 14-18 this time of year I would be out looking for people bailing hay. they almost always needed help and it paid pretty good. I would save my money for a car, dating or the county fair. I spent a lot of time fixing fences, cutting firewood and taking care of our animals. I didn't get into trouble for the most part until I went to college, because I didn't have time to.

now I have to resist urges every day. the urge to pull up some teenagers pants, the urge to wash out their mouth for the way they talk to each other and their elders. and the urge to hand them a shovel or hammer and tell them to get to work and make something of themselves. I have always been willing to teach those who want to learn, and I have taken "troubled" kids and taught them how to build, weld, and some mechanics and electronics. those "troubled" kids have always treated me with respect when they get proper attention. I even have a couple who call me dad to this day.

the thing with giving chicks to kids is my way of trying to get them to talk to their parents and grandparents. lets face it, chickens are one of the few things that span all age groups. it also teaches some responsibility, and I find that most people who raise chickens are always eager to learn about better techniques and curing illnesses.

ok im starting to rant again LOL ill stop here.

I love to see kids getting into chickens. the way I see it, that is some time they wont be playing video games or spending time on facebook.

I look at my own kids, and others of their generation and shake my head a lot of the time. they don't hesitate to ask for money, the moral decay of society has really kicked in, and it seems like most of them here want something for nothing. when I was 14-18 this time of year I would be out looking for people bailing hay. they almost always needed help and it paid pretty good. I would save my money for a car, dating or the county fair. I spent a lot of time fixing fences, cutting firewood and taking care of our animals. I didn't get into trouble for the most part until I went to college, because I didn't have time to.

now I have to resist urges every day. the urge to pull up some teenagers pants, the urge to wash out their mouth for the way they talk to each other and their elders. and the urge to hand them a shovel or hammer and tell them to get to work and make something of themselves. I have always been willing to teach those who want to learn, and I have taken "troubled" kids and taught them how to build, weld, and some mechanics and electronics. those "troubled" kids have always treated me with respect when they get proper attention. I even have a couple who call me dad to this day.

the thing with giving chicks to kids is my way of trying to get them to talk to their parents and grandparents. lets face it, chickens are one of the few things that span all age groups. it also teaches some responsibility, and I find that most people who raise chickens are always eager to learn about better techniques and curing illnesses.

ok im starting to rant again LOL ill stop here.
I have so much hope for my little sisters, they've raised chickens, rabbits, and hamsters and we have a veggie and flower garden. One of my little sisters sells flowers, potted plants, and compost in our driveway. The only TV we watch is the occasional family movie. They don't go on the internet either. They also help with yard work, landscaping, and preparing for the winter. The only problem left for them is these corrupt school systems. There's so much negativity there. I home school, I'm so happy I'm out of that hell house, I'm so much happier and I learn so much more. I think all kids should be raised this way.

My niece brought her boyfriend over for the first time today. When they get serious they have to pass the "Aunt Shell Test." Here's how it went:

Me: You wanna see the chickens?
Boy: You mean real chickens?
Me: No. I have fake chickens in the back yard.

*Boy gives me funny looks while walking to the back yard. Niece can barely contain her giggles.*

Boy: Those are real chickens!
Me: Did you really think I had fake chickens back here?
Boy: No, but I didn't think you had real chickens! I've never seen a real chicken before! Do they lay eggs? They're all different colors! Will they bite me if I touch them? Oh wow one just pooped! That one's pooping too! They can climb trees?

This boy went on and on and on! It was hilarious! Also a little sad. He's 16 and has never seen a chicken! At least he was excited and interested. There is hope for the next generation!

Well, I'll b... them R chickens! LOL!

I think most of the schools in the nation have gone downhill. back when the teachers could paddle the students, the students feared getting in trouble. now it seems they see how far they can push the schools, to the point of suspension.
I never got in trouble to earn a paddling in school. but I did earn a few at home, I pretty much deserved every one. and to this day I still fear making my mom mad.

as far as the schools go, why don't they teach agriculture more? how many graphic artists do we need? we have a class locally that teaches the kids how to mix music, create videos and such. in the hills of southern ohio how much work can these kids find? I have been pushing for more agriculture/horticulture studies in the schools, but im just one person.

The best one I've ever heard, not even an incorrect statement, was: "Have you ever thought that when you eat eggs you're basically eating a chicken's period?" Great, thanks for that thought. Didn't put me off though, I still love eggs. Sorry if I've made any of the blokes blush haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom