Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are too funny :) So fare the only thing that has surprised me is how many older people who claim to know a lot about chickens insist I have to have a rooster.

I posted a picture of my Sussex hen on Facebook and someone said: "Thats a rooster! You should get rid of it!" They thought her curved tail feathers were sickles. xD She is defiantly a hen. She lays eggs. xD

I posted a picture of my Sussex hen on Facebook and someone said: "Thats a rooster! You should get rid of it!" They thought her curved tail feathers were sickles. xD She is defiantly a hen. She lays eggs. xD

Charge them $500 for a egg laying rooster, Don't argue with an idiot just take their money and run with it.......

Charge them $500 for a egg laying rooster, Don't argue with an idiot just take their money and run with it.......
goodpost.gif

I was showing photos of my chickens to a lady who was interested in seeing them yesterday, and I came to a photo of my eggs.

Her: You actually store them in a carton!?
Me: Um, yeah, most of the time. I don't always bother if they're for my own use, but I do if I'm going to sell them to someone else.
Her: People buy them!?
Me: Yeah.
Her: What do they do with them? Eat them?
Me: ... Yeah?
Her: So your eggs are edible?
Me: ...Yes.
Her: Wow!

Rarely does a conversation bewilder me as much as that one did. I deal with a lot of funny questions every day from people about chickens, but that just left me speechless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom