Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orpie, that's good! I wonder if people that believe as your aunt does, think the store also has a garden out back for the produce section and a herd of cows for the meat department?

Probably so @NorthFLChick. She knows what really goes on, but she likes to pretend it's not coming from a chicken.

Orpie, that's good! I wonder if people that believe as your aunt does, think the store also has a garden out back for the produce section and a herd of cows for the meat department?

of course not! Everyone knows that meat in the store comes in those sterile little packages! Cows have nothing to do with it! As for vegetables, why dig in the dirt when you can buy them nice and clean?

If I don't come home from work and bring them a treat they peck at my feet - not cool when your wearing sandals - they're training me right!

by-the-way - I know white bread is NOT the best treat for them, but they love it so....they also love grapes, blue berries and strawberries. Can anyone recommend a treat that they will love that is good for them. They also like it when I make them oatmeal and cream of wheat, but I can't cook for them everyday!!

by-the-way - I know white bread is NOT the best treat for them, but they love it so....they also love grapes, blue berries and strawberries. Can anyone recommend a treat that they will love that is good for them. They also like it when I make them oatmeal and cream of wheat, but I can't cook for them everyday!!

Watermelon and squash. I give mine Kefir every now and then. They like yogurt as well.

Cheese. They fight over cheese and unsalted peanuts.

Mine do get whatever bread is left over from the week. A few slices doesn't go far, though. I have quite a few birds.

Oh I've had lots, here are some:

Do they have babies in them?
Are the green ones bad? Are the blue ones sweet? 
How do I wash the dirt off (brown eggs)?
Only white ones are sanitary
Of course you need a rooster
The colored ones are dirty and are from sick roosters (yes they meant a rooster).
I'd never eat anything out of an animal's butt, yet they are cramming their face with a Egg McMuffin with extra cheese.

I live in the city, though most of the rooster comments came from older people who claimed to have owned chickens. LOL

I've heard all of those too!! My grandmother even said, pop won't eat those... I will but he won't. I asked her why and she wouldn't tell me... Lol I love when people say the "no you need a rooster" line, I normally come back with "do you need a man to produce an egg?"

Ok, the people who think the eggs from the store are "clean" should see pictures of the dirty, crowded, disgusting conditions where those poor factory farm hens live.

Amen! I pass this one farm sometimes where there must be a hundred chickens crammed into this tiny house and it breaks my heart to look at them! I just want to go there and set them free in this persons fenced in yard!

I love giving mine leftover spaghetti!! Looks like they have worms and they high-tale it to keep their booty from the rest of the chickens.

I've heard all of those too!! My grandmother even said, pop won't eat those... I will but he won't. I asked her why and she wouldn't tell me... Lol I love when people say the "no you need a rooster" line, I normally come back with "do you need a man to produce an egg?"
I've tried that line, and been told "People don't have eggs!"

Back to biology class, lol.

I've tried that line, and been told "People don't have eggs!"

Back to biology class, lol.
Don't you know that babies are found in the cabbage patch?
tongue.png
Its why their diapers smell so rotten.
wink.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom