Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do employers put up with this? Are they afraid of being sued????

So, back to chickens: I found this amusing this morning. Not actually something someone said about my chickens, but... if they could only talk!

I'm babysitting for a friend's birds. She was out of state for a couple of weeks, and had someone looking after her flock: feed and water every 3 days. Well, the power to her coop went out, so the water became an issue. Hubby and I went and gathered up her girls and brought them home to have a little vacation in my old coop. I'm doing the best I can re: biosecurity. Always tending her girls last, hoping that if there's anything on my boots, the cold will kill it... So, today, after tending my girls, I set their FF out in the snow to get them out of the coop for a few minutes. Then, I went to tend the visitors. I turned around, and there's Jack, being followed by a handful of his ladies, stepping along in my foot prints... obviously hoping to greet the visitors!

Last edited:
Never ceases to amaze the stories people come up with when trying to avoid things lol. Think he may have outsmarted himself with this one though
smile.png
Yeah, as she was telling me the Ebola kids story from when she had a sit down meeting with him last week, it was clear to me that he didn't clearly plan this out well enough to fake being quarantine for Ebola for a week. First off, he would have needed to do it for 3 weeks, and he didn't have any doctors documentation to prove that he had a valid medical reason to be under quarantine. It was clear to me he was just spinning his wheels with her and only getting himself more stuck in more trouble instead of coming clean and throwing himself at the mercy of the U of Michigan academic advisory council. I told her I wish I could have been a little fly on the wall in that room, with a little bowl of popcorn, watching his little soap opera.
cool.png

Yep, because anytime you do anything that anyone might disagree with it's either racist or sexist...
We used to have 4 techs in the department I work in, 3 of us (me female, the other 2 were male) all made around the same amount of money, we all have at least an associates degree, the other tech, is a female with 2 kids out of wedlock, and I KNOW she has no college education and I have heard she doesn't have high school or GED either, she complains that we make more than her and that it is wrong that we make more just because we have more education and that she couldn't possibly go back to school because of her kids.... somehow I don't think that's my problem... She should have thought about the rest of her life before she made those decisions...

Why do employers put up with this? Are they afraid of being sued????
The gal I fired threatened to sue the company because she had been allowed to act that way for years. What she hadn't counted on was that I was tracking the number of personal phone calls each employee was making per month for about a 3 month period. There was an auto-generated report that was issued to supervisory personnel and I made use of it. The other folks in my dept. were only making 15-20 personal calls per month and this deadbeat was making on average over 200 per month. That got her canned on the basis of abusing company property, one of the company policies that all employees had to read and sign once a year.

Sometimes you just have to use the tools at your disposal and your wits to go around them. Supervising people is the pits...give me chickens any day!

I had a friend who wanted to try some eggs that were not from the store. She had heard about how much better non-commercial eggs were. I gave her a half dozen eggs to give them a try. I Asked her a week later how they were. She said that she ended up throwing them out becuase they were bad. Upon further discussion it came out she was under the impression that an egg with really yellow yoke was bad. and these eggs I gave her must have been really old becuase the yoke was orange.

I never gave her another egg.

I had a friend who wanted to try some eggs that were not from the store. She had heard about how much better non-commercial eggs were. I gave her a half dozen eggs to give them a try. I Asked her a week later how they were. She said that she ended up throwing them out becuase they were bad. Upon further discussion it came out she was under the impression that an egg with really yellow yoke was bad. and these eggs I gave her must have been really old becuase the yoke was orange.

th.gif

barnie.gif

Now that we're getting some very orange yolks out of our birds it surprises me how watery and "unhealthy" the yolks in the store bought eggs look. Meh, it's probably just me but the darker the yolk is the more it appeals to me.

RichnSteph

barnie.gif

Now that we're getting some very orange yolks out of our birds it surprises me how watery and "unhealthy" the yolks in the store bought eggs look. Meh, it's probably just me but the darker the yolk is the more it appeals to me.

RichnSteph

Nope, it's not just you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom